017

third person pov.

Bo's phone rings in the middle of his workout session with the seniors. Sighing at the contact name, he excuses himself out of the room, avoiding the glares sent by his grandmother's angry friends, and swipes right. "Yeah, Matty?"

"Bohan, my man, you know how Chan's uncle recently opened a sushi place?"

Shouts and clatter echoes from the background of the phone call and Bo rolls his eyes. He couldn't deal with another social gathering. "Yes?"

"Come with me! We need to inflate the first day sales," Matthew says, and Bo can practically hear the pout in his voice. "Please?"

It's a known fact that Bo can never say no to Matthew, no matter what, so he simply sighs. "Sure. Let me just wrap up with my grandma, okay?"

Matthew cheers. "I'll text you the address! Thanks, Boba!"

Bo enters the room again and heads to his grandma, who's standing somewhere at the back. He whispers, "I have to go now, Nana. I'll see you later."

He meets up with Matthew in front of the restaurant, which isn't that far off from their university. Matthew is jumping around, hands in the pockets of his oversized varsity jacket, and at the sight of Bo, he breaks into a wide smile. "I invited Taerae, too," he says as they enter the restaurant. "He's running a bit late, though. Group work."

Bo nods and looks around the restaurant. It's small, but clean and nicely decorated, and people are filling up the cozy booths. He can already tell it's about to become his favorite hangout spot. They order theirs and Taerae's go-to orders—California rolls, fried tempura rolls, and tako—and take a seat near the entrance so Bo can easily spot Taerae from the entrance.

"I heard something funny the other day," Matthew says, looking around nervously before leaning closer. "They're saying Dokja's parents paid for her to get in. Is that true?"

Bo smiles. "Do you want me to hit you?"

Matthew scoffs and leans back. "I was just asking. it's probably not true. She's also talented so even if she was rigged in I think it wouldn't . . . "

Matthew's words fades in the background as Bo spots an interesting view behind him. Entering the restaurant is none other than Seola, hand-in-hand with a guy Bo recognizes but can't name. Bottom line is—It's not Taerae. She's looking up at him with heart eyes and he leans down and pecks her lips.

Bo grimaces. "Woah, I can't wait to see this."

Matthew goes off trail. "What do you mean? What, what?"

"Don't look behind you," Bo says slowly, "but there's a cheater—"

Matthew whips his head around and gasps, earning the attention of Seola.

"I said don't look, you dumbass." Bo rolls his eyes.

Belatedly, Seola detaches from the guy and steps towards the table. "Bohan . . ."

He raises an eyebrow. Why does she look guilty towards him? It's true he used to like her, but that was a sailed ship, and she had another guy right now.

He spots another person at the entrance—the person they've been waiting for—and nods towards him. "I think you should speak with him."

Seola turns around. "Taerae? Wait—"

"Taerae?" the other guy interrupts with wide eyes. "Why are you calling him by my name?"

Bo can't help the snort that escapes him and shares a look with Matthew. She's double-timing him with a guy that shares his name? How low. But then again, he never expected more from her. The days where he had a crush on her seem so far off right now.

Taerae, Bo's Taerae, blinks a few times, surprisingly calm, and turns around and leaves. Matthew jumps out of his seat and follows him, while the waitress just exits the kitchen with their food. "You have it," Bo says with a wink and stands up. "It's on us."

As he passes by Seola, he bumps shoulders with the other Taerae. "Good luck, Taerae."

Outside, Matthew has an arm around Taerae as they walk to the direction of their dorm. As soon as Bo catches up to them, Matthew says, "Bo, shut up."

"What? I didn't say anything." He smiles cheekily and places his hand on Taerae's shoulder and squeezes. "But if I were to say something—"

"Shut up," Matthew interrupts him.

"I'm just saying she's not all th—"

"Please for the love of god."

"Hear me out—"

"No."

Bo shuts his mouth and zips it. Matthew looks at him with suspicion before turning toward Taerae. "Let's go drink. It's on me."

guys! im sorry, i was so caught up in my finals & then travelling so i didn't have time to write.. :( the next few chapters have been written long ago I was just struggling to write this one (hence why it's so short lol)