12. Vinyls

"𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐭𝐢𝐞

𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠, "𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭""

At around eleven in the morning, when you were just about to get ready for the day after Emily left late the night before, the doorbell rang. You barely heard it, but it rang. Within the matter of a few seconds you made your way over to your door, peaking through the small hole to see if you were able to recognise the figure that was standing in front of your apartment door at this time.

To your surprise, the brunette you had seen -- and kissed -- just hours ago, was standing in front of your door with something red in their hands. With a frown on your face, you opened the door, your gaze meeting Bella's.

An immediate smile began to form on their face, which you slightly reciprocated while rubbing your temples, so tired you were fighting the urge to go back to bed. "Hey." You said when you realised neither of you had filled up the silence yet.

Your eyes traveled to the familiar scarf in their hands, the very same one you forgot at Amybeth's apartment the day before. This seemed to snap Bella from their daydream, as they quickly looked back into your eyes seconds before speaking up. "Hey, you left this at Amy's yesterday, and I wanted to bring it back." They said, holding out their hand that was holding the scarf as they gestured for you to take it.

Without wasting any time you grabbed the scarf, your brain still having trouble processing the situation as you rubbed your temples. "Thank you." You mumbled out, and that's exactly when you realised what you looked like. Your hair was messy, and you were still dressed in your pajamas, which were nothing more than a pair of sweatpants and a comfortable hoodie.

"I wanted to apologise for yesterday, too." Bella spoke up after a few seconds of silence, the expression on their face nothing but serious. This caused a frown to appear on your face, as you had no idea why they were apologising to you.

They quickly caught on to this confusion, and wasted no time explaining themself. "It was my fault that it came out this way. I shouldn't have pressured you into keeping it from Emily." Bella shook their head as they let out a soft sigh. You could immediately feel the guilt coming from them.

"It's not your fault, you didn't pressure me into anything. We've made up, so it's fine now." You reassured them, not wanting them to feel bad for something that was partly your fault too. Their gaze softened as they made eye contact with you, being met with a soft smile. "Really?" They tilted their head, most likely having a bit of trouble believing you, thinking back to the way Emily had stormed out of the apartment the day before.