Charles Dolloway

Charles Dolloway, ruler of the Human Kingdom, initiated the tumultuous era of conflict between humans and spider hybrids. He commanded his forces with unwavering resolve, believing that victory necessitated decisive action, including the elimination of the spider kingdom's royalty. It was under his command that the tragic fate of Sammy's parents was sealed, a consequence of Charles's belief that showing mercy would compromise their strategic advantage.

Unbeknownst to Charles at the time, his actions left behind a son, Sammy, who would one day ascend to lead the spider kingdom. He harbors deep-seated resentment towards the boy, which in turn gave way to resentment for the spider hybrid species itself, viewing them through the lens of past grievances and the horrors of war. This resentment is compounded by Sammy's lineage, a reminder of the conflict that scarred both realms.

In his perception, Charles sees the spider hybrids as a perpetual threat to human dominance, an ideology that fuels his policies and decisions. Despite his animosity, he is unaware that Sammy harbors that same resentment, unaware that the young spider king also grapples with the weight of history and the desire for justice for his fallen parents.