Midnight Stroll | Chapter 1

(Lockstock's POV)
__________________________________
Lockstock was walking along the streets of the town. His shift was almost over but he had to check on his partner before he ended his shift and let someone else take over for the night. It was a cold night but either way the stars are beautiful tonight as they glimmer and gleam in the dark night sky. He was kicking a pebble as he walked up the street with his baton in hand, He hadn't found anyone peeing on the street without paying the price yet. He continued his nighttime stroll until he sees Barrel holding a mop and bucket just up the street cleaning some blood..

Hello Mr. Barrel! Finishing up for the night I assume. Lockstock spoke up.

Yes,  A couple. The man tried saving the woman by taking the hit for her but they couldn't fool me. The man told her to sneak away and pee into a dumpster, she complied and I'm sure you know what happened next. Barrel explained while staring into Lockstock's eyes

I see, That's the last ones for the day for us I assume. Lockstock replied

I suppose so.. Barrel continues to stare into Lockstock's eye not in admiration but something more..

Mr. Barrel? Are you alright? Lockstock says, breaking the silence and snapping Barrel out of his staring.

Yes, sir! I sincerely apologize. I will see you tomorrow. Goodnight Mr. Lockstock.. Barrel says as he puts the mop on the side of the UGC building and start making his way home.

Goodnight Mr. Barrel. Lockstock says in response as he turns around and walk the way he came.

Lockstock starts to make his way home and began to think about Barrel's recent behavior. How he admires him, follows his every order and sometimes says he loves him which was weird.. Lockstock knew Barrel admired him but what if he meant more than that?  He starts to deny Barrel's behavior. He couldn't like Barrel.. He's his partner. That would be absurd! Besides he prefers women anyway and What would people think of him?!

I can't like Barrel.. That's absurd. I like women anyway! What would people think of me after?! They wouldn't take me seriously! Lockstock thought out loud which causes people on the street to turn their heads.

When he got home he took off his uniform and got changed into something comfortable. He lay on his bed thinking about Barrel but he denys feelings for him. Lockstock thinks Barrel just admires him and nothing else! Surely he doesn't mean it when he says he loves Lockstock. Right? He has to think about keeping the pee off the streets and the water in the ground. Even Barrel is a wonderful partner for enforcing the law would it be the same for love?

You can't like Barrel.. He's just a co-worker..Nothing more nothing less. Lockstock said to himself.

I'm sure he wouldn't feel the same. Lockstock assured himself.

He can't like me.. Right?