the runaway and the stray

- 𝐈𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

Pre-canon Mash

_

People would say that being born with three lines on your face was a blessing, that it was rare and that it was important etc etc, but on the other hand you didn't see the point of these "blessings" anyways. 

How many times had it been that you had heard the words of "Isn't it wonderful that you are one of God's chosen?" or at least a variation of those words. Thinking about it too much made you want to vomit.

Which brings you to the reason of running away from home. It wasn't that you hated your family per say, but this runaway was like taking a breath of fresh air but instead of taking a breath you were breathing it all in for a few days..or something like that. 

You sighed, you'd been wandering aimlessly outside of the city safe from the reach of local guards that your family might call on. Each step in the grass felt like a step to nowhere which was an understatement of where you were. Shame that nobody lives out here. 

Rustle.

You paused in your tracks at the sudden noise. There were reasons why most people wouldn't live outside of the city, reasons that even your mother and older brother warned you about. 

With each passing moment, the nervous sensation in the pit of your stomach intensified, a silent alarm that you've known too many times. Maybe if you distanced yourself from the origin of the sound—assuming your guess was accurate—you wouldn't be in danger then? You swear your sense of danger wasn't as refined like Abyss' keen intuition.

A faint rustling came from the bushes again and finally this time, you stop completely.

Around you, the sun cast long shadows through the trees, and the nervous feeling came back quickly. Maybe it was the haze of sleep crawling in or the dropping temperature around you, but either way, you fix your hood like it was messed up in the first place.

'Should I actually go home now?' Rationality fought against your stubborn mind but you didn't even have much of a choice to begin with. 

The sound of rustling leaves persisted. Your attention moved to the dense bushes nearby and suddenly someone emerged, sprinting toward you with a mix of urgency and..a deadpan expression etched on his face?

Instinctively, you reached for your wand, heart racing as you shifted away from him. "Who the hell are you!?" Your voice wavered but you continued, "I won't go back, even if you beg me to!"

...

"Huh? What are you talking about?" The stranger's expression remained infuriatingly calm as he met your gaze. His voice was calm, almost bored, and he stood eye to eye with you, looking  unfazed by your aggression.