🩵 In Another Life 🩵

It was long ago when both Nathan Grant and Lucas Bouchard met when arriving new to Hope Valley, but when unintentional friendships arose, not many knew what would be happening. Yet both men felt this invisible string pulling towards each other.

Then year after year, both Lucas and Nathan have been enjoying their time together. But in the midst of this, Elizabeth couldn't nearly help but to notice from both men. She herself never wanted to eavesdrop upon disappointment. But one fateful day, both men themselves had seen their revealing feelings to each other. Though no one would be delighted to see two men together.

Yet upon a date, Nathan had a thought that couldn't let him go. "Would you think if we would have loved each other in another time?" Having Lucas take his question and put it into his perspective; both of them would live happily and grow old together. "I think we would, either way it would be better than keeping it a secret." He replied.

The more times they tried to keep it a secret, the more it was more difficult to separate them. Though Lucas has been helping fight for Hope Valley's survival rights, and Nathan has been given an honorary title to the town. But the night had changed. All the women of the town were pestering Nathan to court Elizabeth for her hand, yet Lucas was hearing from them. Saddened by this, he couldn't reveal his emotion but to emerge into hiding and close his doors.

The day of the Wedding came, but Lucas had kindly refused to be at the wedding. Despite Elizabeth's insistence, she had to know now.

"Lucas, why can't you come and be delighted?" Calmly she asked, but Lucas rubbed shaken with numbness. "I just couldn't tell you about it, and I do want to be honest with you. But for right now, I am truly sorry Elizabeth." She then sighed and decided to reveal her part. "I noticed that you and Nathan were together. Multiple times. And I wouldn't be disappointed if I knew what was really happening." Lucas heaved his shaky breath and tried to compose himself.

"I have fallen for Nathan for quite some time ago, and now with the two of you, I cannot fathom whether I should let him go or to hold on until I have to wait for another time to see him again. Yet it is selfish of me, knowing that I can't be holding to this heartbreak."

Elizabeth got up and put her hand on his shoulder, just to finally hear and know what both men had together. "If God had another way, he would let you and Nathan back with each other. I can't predict how long or how it will work, but I have high hopes." Lucas looked up to see Elizabeth, and her to smile at him.

He then attended and had a smile to plaster on for the rest of the night, no matter how long this love would last for them. Yet Nathan wouldn't give up, he too hoped that the future would transfer them back together.

Decades have passed and both have also passed in recent months before modern society. Born in separate lives of the new generation, they were still named as who they were. Lucas and Nathan were only in their teens when Nathan moved to Alberta. Again in a different time. But when the Autumn school day came, Lucas was a comfortable and complete person. As for Nathan he was a nervous yet energetic person.

Entering a classroom, Nathan's eyes were spectating the room just to see Lucas sitting in his seat and reading a worn out book; Dangerous Liaisons. He took upon himself and sat beside Lucas, who caught the corner of Lucas' eye. "Hi, how can I help you?" Lucas began.

"No help needed, but it seems like you don't have any friends." Nathan replied. "Sadly I don't, only the ones that I call my cousins and family." Both laughed at the remark. But looking back, their souls have sparked. And their fateful past had been felt, like the same invisible string had pulled them back together.

"I feel like we know each other." Nathan points. "Do we?" Lucas raised in confusion. "Yes, but a lot more differently. And uh, I forgot to mention my name. I'm Nathan Grant by the way." He held his hand out, waiting for him to join in. "I'm Lucas Bouchard, it's a great deal to meet you."