Chpater:9

Chavi's pov:
I just came out from the operation theatre and I'm walking back to my office. I need to change and head to Chouhan palace. I've called vihaan bhai to send someone to pick me up from hospital as I didn't bring my car.

There was an emergency at hospital. Suddenly the condition of a patient worsened and he needed immediate surgery.  There was no other doctor available so, Ms. Verma had called me and I had to rush to hospital.

I quickly changed from my uniform and was walking toward the main hall when I heard some commotion outside. What happened now? I walked out to see a black royal Royce standing outside. Two black SUV cars were in front while two black SUV car were in back of it.

The guards came out of the car and one of them approached me.

Wait, why is he walking toward me. Did I do something now? But I don't recognize him.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard him saying,
"Mam, sir is waiting for you inside the car."
I looked at him puzzled. But then my eyes fell on the royal family crest he was wearing. Why is someone here from royal family? And why does they want to meet me? I really don't understand, this. One of the guard opened the door to royal Royce.  My chocolate brown eyes clashed with his dark black ones. The king of Rajasthan was here, waiting for me. Wow!

He was looking at me intently. I don't know why but he always makes me feel intimidated. Great, the Chavi parihar who intimidates other is intimidated by someone. We kept looking in each other eyes for I don't know how much long but I averted my eyes from his when my phone buzzed.

I looked at my phone. It was a message from bhai, 'Randhir will be there to pick you.' Okay! Now, I get it. Why he is here!

I walked toward the car followed by guard who had come to inform me. I felt eyes of everyone outside hospital at us. I hate this unnecessary attention. I was about to sit inside the car when someone called my name,

"Ms. Parihar!"
I turned to look back. It was Ms. Verma. She had a pen-drive in her hand. Before she could come toward me his guards stopped her.

I turned to look back at him. He looked at me first and then gestured something to his guard. The guard moved aside and let her come to me.

"Here, you had asked me for this." She said forwarding the pen-drive toward me. 
"Thank you! Ms. Verma." I thanked her taking the pen-drive from her.
She nodded her head in response.
I got in the car and the guard closed the door. The driver started the car and pulled out of the hospital premises.

Two black SUV car moved in front while two black SUV car were in back. Why does he need so many guards with him? I know he is the king of Rajasthan but still so, many guards!

"Happy holi, Hukum sa!" I wished him breaking the silence in the car.
"Happy holi!" he wished back.

What's wrong with this man? Always giving curt replies. Seems like he doesn't know how to from long sentences.
Did I tell you this? He is looking really damn hot! He is wearing an all black Armani suit. His hair was little messed as if he had moved his hand through his dark lock.
"You should not look at me like this, Belladonna."
His voice brought me out of my staring session. I felt blood rushing to my cheeks. Did he just call me with a nickname? Wait, maybe I heard something wrong. Yeah, I heard something wrong.

"What are you, doing here? No, I mean it's holi and there is holi celebration going on at Chouhan palace. So, shouldn't you be there. Afterall, you are the king of Rajasthan, so, shouldn't you be there at Chouhan palace, Hukum?" I asked a little hesitantly.

He turned his face to look at me and I had to take his assessing gaze on me for a god damn minute. Finally, after a long minute he answered,
"I was at the palace only, but then something urgent came up. I had to handle it."