Chapter 2: √Blue Arc

Thorny Way walked away from the garden. He walked nonchalantly, and without stress. His mouth however was twisted into a frown, making him seem mildly annoyed, like a person stuck in traffic, or a child who doesn't want to do their chores. Yes, despite his casual walk, he also moved with purpose. He had a chore to take care of. After some time, he approached a hill, and looked up to see some acquaintances of his.

At the top were two men. One was surrounded by a black fog, making it hard to see any of his details. The other was a somewhat tall man who wore a black double-breasted suit. His face was covered with black bandages, and he had long straight black hair that dripped over his shoulders. His suit jacket was adorned with a simple white lily boutonniere. As Thorny Way got closer the suited man turned to the black fog man.

The man in the suit was holding up his hands, and seemed to be preoccupied by them. In all fairness, his hands were quite interesting. His left hand had only a ring finger and pinkie, and all the fingers on his right hand were glowing white.

"Only two more years." He said thoughtfully to the fog man. "The loop is going well."

~~~

David rushed out of his room and down the hall. He didn't know where he was going or what was going on, and this caused him to stumble around wildly. He was in a state of panic and confusion. His mind was being flooded with memories and facts about... himself?

His full name was David Frank King. He was five foot nine inches tall and weighed 195 pounds. His hair and eyes were brown. His blood type was B+. He was 34 years old and worked as a telemarketer. He lived at 108 Wavers Avenue, Chicago Illinois. He lived alone except for his eight-year-old daughter. Neither of them knew who her mother was. They lived in a two-bedroom two-bathroom townhome. The rent was 2,108.7 a month. David had never been married. He was considered a womanizer by his coworkers at the office. He often came home late from his job and would sometimes leave his daughter at home alone while he went on dates with various women. This made his relationship with his daughter somewhat strained. Despite this he tried his best to financially provide by working many hours. 

"What the hell is all of this!" David screamed. So much information was flooding his mind that it was threatening to drive him mad. He almost fell down a stairwell, his stairwell. He screamed for a second, before choking on his puke. He vomited down the stairs and collapsed, causing him to fall down a few steps.

What of the sapling? David's thoughts returned. He scrambled up to his feet, falling a few times in the process. He began to stumble back up the hall. The new memories were starting to relax, and they were starting to help him make sense of his surroundings.

David lived here after all, so by all means he should know where he was. Although was he David? He could have sworn he was just someone else. He had two sets of memories inside him that were conflicting greatly.

Where's my daughter? Thought David. Where's the sapling?

This confused him. Why was he suddenly concerned about a child? And why in the same breath as his sapling? His two sets of memories were overlapping, and equivalent things were getting confused. And furthermore, where was he going? Instinctively he had been trying to get to a room at the end of the hall, but he had no idea why. His body seemed to move by itself, like it knew that he needed to go to that room even if he didn't. He slammed open the door.

Inside was a child's bedroom. It was rectangular, with a bed next to a window on the opposite side. There was a puddle of some mess next to the bed. The window was letting in the morning light, illuminating the small girl that sat upright in the bed.