Part 1

The cold wind whipped around Katherine's face making her pull her scarf tighter, she wished she had never agreed to work late tonight , it was almost 10pm , the street was eerily quiet except for the sound of the wind and the repetitive sound of the shop shutters banging. Katherine worked in a small
Convenience shop, her colleague Mia was supposed to be on the late shift tonight but she had a cold nice one Mia Katherine tutted to herself . "Hurry up bus" she said out loud, as if answering back she heard the bus jolt up the road towards her.
The bus stopped right beside her and the doors swung open, "where too?" The driver asked her as she stepped on.
"Claridge street please" said Katherine , she paid for her ticket and went to find a seat . The bus was quiet there were only three other passenger's on board. An elderly lady , she looked really really old, she was bent over in her seat, one hand on the seat in front and one hand on her walking stick. The next passenger was a young man, he looked late 20s close to Katherine's age , she noticed as she walked by he was actually quite good looking , very smart with short brown hair and he wore a shirt and tie.
Katherine tried to avoid making eye contact with him, she felt so tired and unattractive in her work uniform.   Lastly at the back of the bus was a younger girl, probably around sixteen , although she could pass for younger. Katherine sat down and sighed . She was tired, only twenty minute's and I'll be home she thought and popped her ear buds in so she could listen to some music.
The next thing she knew she had awoken with a start, oh shit I must have fallen asleep she checked her watch. She had been on the bus for over half an hour , panicking she stood up to talk to the driver, she walked past her fellow passengers who were all still on the bus and all seemed to have not moved at all. "Excuse me!"She said to the driver "I'm sorry I fell asleep and I have missed my stop" the driver didn't acknowledge her he just tapped the sign.
Do not speak to the driver when they are driving .
"Sorry I don't want to distract you but I've missed my stop and I need to get home "
Nothing.
He just tapped the sign again .