2. hangout, forget, phone call

The next day dawned bright and early, the sun streaming through the windows of Maitreyi's apartment as she groggily reached for her phone. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she scrolled through her messages, a smile spreading across her face as she saw Shubman's name pop up.

Before she could reply, however, her phone rang, interrupting her thoughts. With a curious glance at the caller ID, she answered, her voice still thick with sleep.

"Hey, Athiya," she said, stifling a yawn. "What's up?"

"Morning, Maitreyi!" Athiya's cheerful voice rang through the line, full of energy as always. "KL and I are heading out for brunch in a bit. Want to join us?"

Maitreyi's eyes lit up at the invitation, a surge of excitement coursing through her. Hanging out with Athiya and KL was always a blast, and she couldn't think of a better way to start her day.

"Sure, I'd love to!" she replied, her spirits lifting at the thought of spending time with her friends. "Where are you guys going?"

"We're thinking of trying out that new café downtown," Athiya said, her voice tinged with excitement. "It's supposed to have amazing pancakes. Meet us there in half an hour?"

"Sounds perfect," Maitreyi agreed, already starting to get ready for the day ahead. "See you soon!"

With a quick goodbye, she hung up the phone and jumped out of bed, eager to get ready for brunch. As she got dressed and brushed her hair, her mind wandered back to her conversation with Shubman the night before, a smile playing at her lips.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Maitreyi arrived at the café to find Athiya and KL already seated at a cozy corner table, their faces lighting up with smiles as she approached. Athiya waved excitedly, her vibrant energy infectious as always.

"Hey, Maitreyi! So glad you could make it," Athiya exclaimed, pulling her into a warm hug. "You look fabulous as always!"

Maitreyi returned the hug with a grin, feeling a surge of warmth at her friend's words. "Thanks, Athiya! You guys look great too."

KL flashed her a charming smile as he gestured for her to take a seat. "Come join us, Maitreyi. We've already ordered some pancakes – you're just in time."

As Maitreyi settled into her seat, she couldn't help but feel grateful for the company of her friends. Athiya and KL had been her rock through thick and thin, and she cherished every moment she got to spend with them.

"So, what's new with you guys?" she asked, reaching for a menu. "Any exciting plans for the day?"

Athiya's eyes sparkled with excitement as she leaned in, her voice lowered to a conspiratorial whisper. "Nothing much.  We're thinking of just going for a stroll in the park. Good old times."

"Yes we should for sure do that," she answered, a smile spreading across her face. 

As they chatted and laughed over brunch, Maitreyi couldn't shake the thought of Shubman from her mind. Despite only meeting him virtually the night before, there was something about their conversation that lingered with her, a sense of excitement and anticipation for what the future might hold.