Chapter 1

Let me introduce myself. My name is Esther, Esther Grey. I am a nerd. I love video games, swimming, reading, music, art and YouTube. I am 20 years old and live here in Wilmington, North Carolina. My number one goal is to become a YouTuber, well a popular one at least.

I sit happily on the beach with my eyes closed in Wilmington North Carolina listening to Stop and stare by One Republic (A/N The song that is actually playing on my I pod right now) and I start to sing.

This town is colder now, I think it's sick of us
It's time to make our move, I'm shakin' off the rust
I've got my heart set on anywhere but here
I'm staring down myself, counting up the years

Steady hands just take the wheel
Every glance is killing me
Time to make one last appeal
For the life I live

Stop and stare
I think I'm moving but I go nowhere
Yeah, I know that everyone gets scared
But I've become what I can't be, oh

Stop and stare
You start to wonder why you're here not there
And you'd give anything to get what's fair
But fair ain't what you really need
Oh, can you see what I see'

They're tryin' to come back, all my senses push
Untie the weight bags, I never thought I could
Steady feet, don't fail me now
I'm gonna run till you can't walk
Something pulls my focus out
And I'm standing down

Stop and stare
I think I'm moving but I go nowhere
Yeah, I know that everyone gets scared
But I've become what I can't be, oh

Stop and stare
You start to wonder why you're here not there
And you'd give anything to get what's fair
But fair ain't what you really need
Oh, you don't need

Stop and stare
I think I'm moving but I go nowhere
Yeah, I know that everyone gets scared
I've become what I can't be
Oh, do you see what I see?

"You have a nice voice" someone said as they sat down in the sand with me.

"No I don't" I said. I didn't think anyone had heard me.

"Sure you do! What is your name?" he questioned.

I sat up and opened my eyes and who I saw I was not expecting, Jordan Allencooper Maron. It couldn't be him. If it was I didn't want to scare him off so I pretended I wasn't an ultra-fan girl. "My name is Esther, what's yours?" I obviously knew him name probably more than most fan girls even but remember I decided to play it cool.

"My name is Jordan." He said. He was smiling too with him famous half smile. "So what are you listening too?"

I suddenly realized what I was listening to, Take back the night by the person sitting right in front of me. "You probably don't want to know..." I said trailing off trying not to make eye contact.

"Please tell me" he said.

I couldn't say no. I just took out my headphones and handed them to him. "You're gonna regret it" I warned him.

He didn't say a word as he put in my headphones. After about 5 seconds he burst out laughing. "Well you kept your cool pretty well, didn't you?" he asked after he stopped laughing.

"That's what I was going for!" I said cheerfully.

"Well, I better get going."

I knew I would scare him off..."Well then, bye, Jordan. Nice to finally meet you in person!" I said.

"Yea, bye!" he said getting up and walking away. Well that was awkward. I kept my cool and still scared him off. Even if no one will believe me I can still say that I met him, away from conventions. I just went back to tanning like nothing happened. I do wonder why he's here though.

________________

Jordan's pov

________________

I was in Wilmington, North Carolina. I was visiting a friend named Trevor here. He is a friend I have out of you tube. Those kinds of friends seem to be dying out for me. I didn't tell my fans where I was going though. I was taking a walk on the very empty beach by Trevor's house when I heard a girl singing. She was singing stop and stare by one republic. I looked up from looking for nice shells and saw her. She had dark brown strait hair that faded into blonde at the tips. Her eyes were closed so I couldn't see them. She had denim short shorts, teal tank top and black flip flops. In my opinion she was a girl to walk up to. She was finishing up the song when I walked up to her. I waited for her to finish because I honestly wanted to hear her sing. When she finished I began to talk. "You have a nice voice" I said.

"No I don't" she said. I feel bad for her she didn't have much confidence she was for one, beautiful and two and amazing singer.

"Sure you do! What is your name?" I asked.

She got up from her resting position and looked at me her eyes her very bright blue, the rare kind of bright blue. "My name is Esther, what's yours?" I could see something in her eyes I just couldn't tell what. (A/N it's pure fan girl I would think you would've seen it enough times...)

"My name is Jordan." I said. It actually feels kind of weird to introduce myself. "So what are you listening too?" She put her headphones back in and got a panicky look in her eyes.

"You probably don't want to know..." she said trailing off. I'm sure it can't be that bad. Right?

"Please tell me." I begged.

"You're probably gonna regret it she sighed, taking out her headphones and handing them to me. What with is girl? I suddenly realized why she was nervous and what the look in her eyes was. She is a fan girl. She was listening to one of my songs. I just burst out laughing.

"Well you kept your cool pretty well, didn't you?" I asked after I had stopped laughing.

"That's what I was going for!" she said cheerfully. She wasn't too bad of a fan girl but, other fan girls would probably kill her if I got to know her.

"Well, I better get going." She probably thinks she scared me off, after she kept her cool for so long too.

"Well then, bye, Jordan. Nice to finally meet you in person!" she exclaimed. At least she wasn't depressed about it.

"Yea, bye!" I said and then I left to go home, I'll collect shells at a later date. As I was driving to Trevor's house I regretted my decision to not get to know Esther very soon. Now I'll never see her again. Weird to know she'll most likely see a lot of me.