CHAPTER 12

★ ALICIA ★

I'm in my private training room, getting ready for my practice before I fight some guy later on in the week.

My training room was exclusive for me and guests. I didn't want to buy a whole building so I just bought a floor of one of the richest flats you could buy and had everything remodelled so it could be perfect.

It was mainly a dark grey colour and black and white. My boxing bag was blue though and gloves were cream or else the room would be completely without colour.

My method was to dodge every move and attack when they're running out of breath. I don't do that always because otherwise people are going to catch on. It was still fun to do on guys though. They might have the strength in their hands but I had speed.

"Can't wait till you go Quicksliver on his arse!" Ari cheers for me, walking on the treadmill.

She was a cardio girl. Before she would despise it, but then she got bored of watching me work for hours. Now instead she uses it so she can burn off the boredom.

"Why aren't you running?" Lidya asks Ari, sarcastically, while making a protein shake for me.

She did not want to work out.

At all.

Since she still didn't want to be doing completely nothing there, she would be my dietitian.

Well, not really.

She would mainly make me shakes and basically anything with protein in and hand it to me for my breaks.

I wasn't on a specific diet.

Thank god I was a boxer.

That meant I could eat what I wanted as long as it had enough protein or was a tasty carbohydrate.

I may had added the tasty bit.

In my defence, I was used to Mum's cooking.

She wasn't the best chef, but she tried and that's what mattered.

Mum had a heart condition where she couldn't eat certain foods and I had always tried to make recipes with the foods she could eat.

I wasn't the most amazing chef, but I was in this family.

My heart condition was different to Mums.

With mine I could eat most of the things I'd liked but I was used to Mum's one.

In my diet, there were certain meats and foods I couldn't eat, but to be frank, pork never was that enjoyable for me, same with many of other fats.

Especially because when I was younger, I never used to have pork anyway because of Mums restrictions with her diet so it was easy.

"Lyd, my shake ready?" I take the gloves off.

She comes over to me and hands me it.

"Straw? You have really fallen into this job."

"I can't let my bestie down now, can I?" She tries to hug me, but stops when she notices the sweat dripping down my arms. "Erm. I'll hug you later."