him...

Riki and Miyu had been academic rivals since their first day at university. Both driven by ambition, they competed fiercely in every class, striving to outperform each other in grades, projects, and extracurricular activities. Their rivalry was the talk of the campus, with students and professors alike marveling at their intellects and determination.

Yet, beneath the surface of their rivalry simmered something unexpected – an undeniable attraction that neither of them dared to acknowledge. It began innocently enough, with stolen glances across lecture halls and subtle compliments disguised as academic critiques. But as time passed, their feelings for each other grew stronger, though they remained hidden behind a facade of competitiveness.

Riki was the first to realize the depth of his feelings for Miyu. He found himself thinking about her constantly, replaying their interactions in his mind and imagining a future where they were more than just rivals. But he was too proud to admit his feelings, fearing rejection and the impact it might have on their academic rivalry.

Miyu, too, struggled with her burgeoning emotions. She admired Riki's intelligence and drive, finding herself drawn to him in ways she couldn't quite explain. But she was determined to maintain her focus on her studies and her goals, unwilling to risk her academic reputation for the sake of a relationship.

Despite their efforts to keep their feelings hidden, the tension between Riki and Miyu was palpable to those around them. Their classmates whispered about their chemistry, speculating about the true nature of their relationship. Even their professors took notice, subtly encouraging them to collaborate rather than compete.

As the end of the semester approached, Riki and Miyu found themselves working together more and more frequently, their rivalry giving way to a tentative partnership. They discovered a shared passion for their field of study, collaborating on projects that showcased their complementary strengths.

One evening, as they sat together in the library poring over textbooks, Riki couldn't contain his feelings any longer. With a nervous exhale, he confessed his love for Miyu, his voice barely above a whisper. To his surprise, Miyu's eyes widened in shock before a shy smile spread across her face.

"I... I feel the same way," she admitted, her cheeks flushing with color. "But I was too afraid to say anything."

Their confession marked the beginning of a new chapter in their relationship, one characterized by honesty, trust, and a newfound sense of intimacy. They continued to push each other academically, but now their rivalry was tempered by a deep and abiding love that only grew stronger with each passing day.

As they graduated at the top of their class, Riki and Miyu stood side by side, their hands intertwined, ready to face whatever challenges the future might hold – together.