Ch. 1 | The Klutz

**Monday**

So here I am, right, walking to Herbology class when this damn kid bumps into me.

It's that Neville Longbottom kid.. again.

Y/N: "Do you have no spatial awareness?"

Neville: "I- I do. I'm just excited to start the project today. I heard we are taking care of Mandrakes like they're our own children!"

I blink a few times, trying to come up with a way to respond.

Neville: "Just a bit nervous on who my partner for the project will be."

I scowl.

Y/N: "We have partners for this..?"

Neville: "Yeah Professor Sprout mentioned it on Friday."

I didn't pay attention on Friday. Professor Sprout was talking about things I always knew. So I didn't tune in.

Y/N: "I dozed off."

•In Class•

Professor Sprout went through and explained the rules all over again. Basically saying that we have two weeks to keep this mandrake not only alive, but happy and healthy. She also mentioned the partner situation. Saying about how it'll be a good icebreaker for me to get to know my classmates. Fuck that.
Yet, I have no choice in the matter. Let's see who my partner is.

Professor Sprout: "Let's put Blaise Zabini and.. Seamus Finnegan together. Draco Malfoy and Luna Lovegood..."

"Good. Hopefully that Malfoy kid teaches her a lesson on how to NOT be annoying." I thought to myself. I had heard rumors about how nightmarish that Malfoy kid could be. I caught him glaring at me a few times but, usually my far more intimidating glare scares him off.

Professor Sprout: "Y/N and...."

Here we go...

Professor Sprout: "Neville Longbottom."

WHAT?!

I freeze and blink a few times before looking over at Neville Longbottom who is waving shyly at me.
'God damn it'

And so the project begins.

I meet Longbottom in the Gryffindor common room later that day. He took the initiative to bring the mandrake from the greenhouse.
I wanted to do it. Damn bitch.

Neville: "So, Y/N-"

Y/N: "I don't do small talk. Let's just do the assignment."

Neville: "Uhm.. Okay, so what if we do a split custody type thing?"

Y/N: "Excuse me? Don't make me out to be your little ex-wife. I'll just take care of him."

Neville: "Him? You're so certain it's a boy?"

This idiot...

Y/N: "Plants are both."

Neville: "I know. That's why I said-"

I cut him off

Y/N: "Shut. Up."

You're not going to believe that this idiot did. He DROPPED the pot. Thank Merlin I was there to catch it.

Y/N: "WHAT THE FUCK LONGBOTTOM!"

He started stuttering and fidgeting. 

Neville: "I'm so sorry. I- I- I'm a klutz.."

Y/N "Yeah. I can tell!"

"I shouldn't say this.. I shouldn't ask this.... don't.. don't do it Y/N. Don't.." I thought to myself.