BLOOD WAR

─────❝BLOOD WAR❞─────

─────BLOOD WAR─────

For generations, the Targaryen dynasty had cast a long shadow over Westeros. Theirs was a reign forged in fire and blood, their dominion secured not just by birthright, but by the fearsome power of dragons. These magnificent beasts, symbols of Targaryen might, soared through the skies, their fiery breath a potent reminder of the family's unmatched power. Theirs was a bloodline as pure as Valyrian steel, and for a time, the Seven Kingdoms enjoyed a fragile peace under their rule.

A shadow crept across Westeros as the twilight of King Jaehaerys' reign descended. The deaths of his sons left a gaping hole in the line of succession, a wound that threatened the fragile peace the Targaryens had forged. Two potential heirs remained: Rhaenys, his eldest grandchild, a fiery young woman with eyes that mirrored the Targaryen Valyrian blood and a spirit as untamed as any dragon. She stood on the precipice of her dragon-riding ceremony, a momentous event that would solidify her bond with a magnificent beast and solidify her claim to Targaryen power.

Viserys, the king's only surviving male descendant, was the other contender. Tradition, a heavyweight in the Targaryen dynasty, dictated that he would inherit the Iron Throne, regardless of Rhaenys' age or burgeoning connection with her dragon. Rhaenys, with a princess's grace that masked a fiery spirit, outwardly accepted the decision. But whispers swirled through the court – whispers of discontent, of a missed opportunity, of a potential queen overlooked.

Raella Targaryen, the king's youngest granddaughter, was a mere child at this time, a wisp of a girl with silver hair and violet eyes that marked a true Targaryen. Too young to be considered in the succession debate, she remained an innocent observer, unaware of the storm brewing on the horizon. Yet, beneath the surface of her childhood games, a spark of Targaryen ambition might have resided, a spark that could one day be fanned into a flame, depending on the twists of fate and the outcome of the brewing conflict.

Despite the whispers that rippled through the court, Rhaenys accepted Viserys being crowned prince with the grace expected of a princess. Privately, a flicker of disappointment might have danced in her fiery eyes, but she buried it deep. Regardless of who sat on the Iron Throne, Raella, the youngest Targaryen princess, knew her place – by her cousins' side.

Although only six years old when the succession was decided, Raella possessed a quiet wisdom beyond her years. She adored her cousins, particularly Rhaenyra, the sole princess after Queen Aemma's inability to bear a son. Raella and Rhaenyra were inseparable, forging a bond as strong as any Valyrian steel amidst the gilded halls of the Red Keep.

Years flew by, and uncertainty cast a long shadow over Viserys' reign. Queen Aemma's passing left a void, and the lack of a male heir became a growing concern. Viserys, in a bold move, declared Rhaenyra his heir, defying tradition. This decision brought both relief and a new weight upon Raella's shoulders. Relief, because her beloved cousin wouldn't be cast aside. Weight, because the burden of succession now pressed heavily on Rhaenyra, and Raella, ever loyal, felt compelled to support her in any way she could.

Tragedy struck again with Queen Aemma's death. Viserys, consumed by grief, remarried Alicent Hightower, a childhood friend of Rhaenyra's. Alicent, young and ambitious, soon delivered a son, Aegon. Whispers of "true heir" began to snake through the court, fueled by those who clung to the tradition of male primogeniture. Viserys, however, remained resolute in his declaration of Rhaenyra.

The simmering tension erupted upon Viserys's demise. Aegon, backed by his mother and the whispers of dissenters, defied Rhaenyra's claim and declared himself king. The realm fractured. Loyalties were divided. The Dance of the Dragons, a brutal civil war that would scar Westeros for generations, had begun.

Raella, caught in the maelstrom, found her loyalties tested. Blood ties and a deep affection for Rhaenyra compelled her to stand by her cousin. Raella joined the fight alongside Rhaenyra, her husband, and her own dragon at her side. The skies above Westeros would soon be filled with fire and fury, and Raella Targaryen, a princess caught in a deadly dance, would fight not just for her cousin's claim, but for her own place in a dynasty teetering on the brink of oblivion.

──────────

DISCLAIMER: I don't own anything related to House of the Dragon or Game of Thrones. All credit goes to the writers, creators, directors, and producers of the show and George R.R. Martin, writer of the books. I, however, own my OCs and their plotlines.

WARNING: This story heavily contains mentions of death, violence, blood and other sensitive topics. A warning will be at the beginning of the chapter where a certain topic is mentioned. Readers discretion is advised.

─────ᴄᴀsᴛ─────

Anya Taylor Joy as Raella Targaryen"Only a fool would think I will betray my cousin

"Only a fool would think I will betray my cousin."

Tom Blyth as Aeron Celtigar"And only a fool would think I would betray you

"And only a fool would think I would betray you."

ғᴇᴀᴛᴜʀɪɴɢ...
Emma D'Arcy as Rhaenyra Targaryen
Matt Smith as Daemon Targaryen
The House of the Dragon Cast as their respective characters

Emma D'Arcy as Rhaenyra TargaryenMatt Smith as Daemon TargaryenThe House of the Dragon Cast as their respective characters