💜 - WRIOTHESLEY . i can see you / speak now

I CAN SEE YOU ... Wriothesley x GN!Reader

 Wriothesley x GN!Reader

SYNOPSIS ... "And we kept everything professional, but something's changed, it's something I like.", "I could see you being my addiction, you can see me as a secret mission."

NOTES ... i know i said i'd consider making a part two for the ones a lot of people wanted but i haven't really gotten to those i'm sorry😭😭 atp i can't promise anymore but happy ttpd day !! (i am unwell after listening to robin and peter haha)

CONTENTS ... sfw , romance , slight angst , minor kissing scene , mentions of power difference , gender neutral reader

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Feelings and work never go well together. Wriothesley knows that better than anyone and does exactly what he should be doing; avoid mixing the two together.

Matters in the fortress were already quite a lot to bear, a lot can be added with something such as personal affairs. He doesn't play into favorites, the idea of it was unfair and overall cruel to think about from an outside perspective.

He doesn't want anyone in his workplace to paint him as something so horrid as that. It was all to avoid internal conflicts between the work environment of meropide to ensure things go as smoothly as possible.

As much as Wriothesley does what should be done; he also does what shouldn't even be considerable in this environment.

He only realized this when he found himself paying more attention to another person rather than the rest. If anyone were to read his thoughts, he would plead to them that he genuinely tries to not further it anymore.

But sometimes when you gesture each other a small nod along the hallways, Wriothesley really can't help it what would happen if it were more than that. more than just simply respect out of a higher ups. what would it be if it were something personal.

So he starts watching you; he watches your cooperation with the other guards, your assistance towards the convicts, and even the way you'd sometimes slip in the slippery, wet pipes during your shifts.

But he should've given you more credit, not realizing how easily you must have spotted his watchful eyes. He hears you hum, "his grace being out of his office at this time of the day, has something happened?"

"Yes, well..." he ponders for a while. "I thought I heard an explosive."

"Ah," Wriothesley looks at your confused expression, somehow noting how level-headed you are. "That's odd, I haven't heard nor felt anything of the sorts..."

If it were anyone else hearing Wriothesley's words just then, they would have panicked at the word "explosive", yet he felt like laughing a bit at how you weren't that. "Maybe it was just in my head,"