🍂🌹𝒜𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓁 🌹🍂

𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠

The bed was empty when Eijiro woke up that morning, as usual. Katsuki had already left for work that day, his shift started at 7:30am and the redhead had clearly slept through his husband departing.

This happened most days and didn't really worry him anymore, just surprised that he hadn't awoken when the older did, yawning and sitting up, waist length carmine hair falling in subtle waves around him as he gently rubbed his eyes and got up, picking up his phone that had been charging overnight, checking his messages and just seeing a few texts from friends and people's Snapchat stories, sending the blonde a quick text to let him know he was being thought of.

Just a simple 'good morning, sorry I missed you earlier. I love you ♥️'.

He was around the same height as Katsuki and had fallen asleep in one of his hoodies the night before, smell of caramel and cologne somewhat faded on it now, fabric soft and worn, incredibly comfortable. It was his favourite item of clothing despite the fact it wasn't technically his, getting out of bed quietly and going to the crib by the window where their daughter was sleeping.
He expected her to be sleeping at least, but she wasn't, just laying watching the ceiling, reaching her tiny arms out for him when he appeared since she wanted cuddles.

"Hey, baby shark." Eijiro hummed, scooping the little one up from her crib and holding her close against his chest. Her name was Kaida and she was four months old, hair as light blonde as her father's, but she had the redhead's eye shape. She was truly angelic, their pride and joy, this beautiful bundle of smiles and happiness with the most gorgeous laugh that lit up Eijiro's whole world every time he heard it. Even though she'd been an accident, she was everything to him, quietly carrying her downstairs in his arms and speaking to her gently as he got a bottle ready for her in case she was hungry, letting her attempt to hold the bottle herself for a moment or two since she was holding other things easily now.

Since the redhead didn't have a job right now then he found himself just spending all of the time that Katsuki was at work with their daughter, managing to convince her to stop fussing and putting her into her carrier against his front, quietly making scrambled eggs for himself since it was pretty easy and quick, letting Kaida try a little bit since she seemed intrigued and it had cooled down at that point, letting her take a tiny bite since he'd put the egg into a sandwich and she wouldn't make a mess, seeing her smile happily and eat a tiny bit.

"Good?" Eijiro asked with a soft chuckle, kissing her temple and chubby cheeks, listening to her giggle. "That a yes? Mhm?" He knew he should probably stop talking to her in the baby voice since it wouldn't help with her speech if he carried on for too long but it was a habit now, nuzzling into the ash blonde duck fluff of her hair softly when he was done eating.

To be honest they didn't have anything to do that day, nothing was planned, which was rare. Eijiro liked deciding what they were doing before it happened but he'd just been tired recently, washing the dishes he'd used for breakfast and throwing out some mouldy bread with a small grimace since he didn't know how they'd let it get that way, making sure to keep it away from the baby before he threw it out.

"Well, you." He hummed after a few moments of deliberation, looking into Kaida's face, smiling a little and letting her play with a lock of his long hair. "What do you want to do today, hm? We can go get groceries and then go to the park, that'd be nice wouldn't it? Go feed the ducks." Eijiro offered, since he knew how much Kaida loved ducks and he didn't want her to start fretting about the fact that Katsuki wasn't there since he knew how much she loved him. "And then we can come home and have nap time, then when you wake up dada's gonna be home."
It hadn't been too long but Eijiro missed his husband a hell of a lot, admittedly, seeing him reflected in their daughter so much when she smiled, getting her changed into a new onesie and a little hat with fox ears which was her favourite, kissing her forehead. "Such a pretty girl, Kai."