Chapter II : The Unveiling Of Colors

As I arrived home I heared my mother crying in their room and as I enter their room I saw my father lying in bed not breathing anymore. My world began to shatter and I felt like I was dying inside. I cried all day and I stop studying and work in one week. Days have passed I was not fully recovered yet. I was lost in life without my dad in my life.

From what happened I understand what my parents told me that when a storm comes life will change and colors will be drain and lose its path. But I promised to myself that I will help my mother to continue what we have started.

I painted m father's picture not just with colors but with tears, for the child whom fate had snatched away too soon, and for the days that felt heavier than the storm-laden clouds she so often depicted on my canvas.

Yet amidst of my melancholia, I learned that just like the storms that ravaged, they also cleansed. The tears that blurred my vision would eventually dry, and in their wake, they left behind a clarity, a purity that allowed me to see life in a light most fail to notice - in the shadows, in the grayness, in the gentle surrender of a setting sun ceding the sky to twilight stars.

As time flies by I recovered and continue my studies and work. Going back to school made me a bit happy because I have my best friend Emma with me. In school I always think about my father all the time and lose my focus in studying. Only a year left before I graduate in my senior year.

Life is really challenging that's why I stand firm in any obstacles that I face. Months have passed and now I am fully recovered.

Going to school always makes me happy because I can glanced at Charles. Emma found out that I have a crush on Charles that's why she kept on teasing me towards Charles.

Emma talked to me, "so girl what's your plan to confess your love to Charles?", "HAHAHAHA I don't have a crush on Charles I just admire him because he has a great and loving family. And I don't have any plan to confess to him" I responded. Are you sure about that Charlotte Emma said. I just nodded and smile.

Every time that I work Charles always go to the cafe and order his favorite drink. He is one of our regular customer in the cafe. And when he goes to the cafe I would always admire him from afar. I don't understand why I felt this way but when I always see him I feel like I am in a Love Story.

Love really does create a scenario where I feel like I am a main character or a princess he would save. I am a very delusional person take note of that. I planned to confess my feelings for Charles when I'm in college.

An event was happening in school and I was late. I swiftly run to the classroom and as I entered I saw Charles alone in the room. Then we looked at each other in the eyes and he said. "Why are you late Charlotte?". "I just finished my chores before going here" I replied. Suddenly my heart begun to beat fast as we continue to talk.

All of a sudden a teacher saw us inside the classroom talking and then she scolded us. After that we went to the covered court and participate in the event. I was thinking why Charles was late, he was never been late. While enjoying the event my teacher picked me to play a game. And I joined the competition while playing I sense that Charles kept on glancing in me. I got disturb playing still I won gold. All day I just kept on thinking him.

When I got home I told to mom what happened today and she was surprised that I won gold, she didn't expect that I could be competitive. Mom was very happy with my achievements and she laugh when I told her about Charles. She know that I was delusional but not that super. Mom said to me, "Darling, focus first on your studies and after you graduate you can make love". I just nodded and went to bed.

But before I slept I read the poem that I love it is called "Letters That Were Never Sent". I always imagine the situation in the poem that would happen in real life. Maybe it could happen i can't say time could do. Hoping that my future will be fun and beyond on what I expected. When I was about to sleep I receive a text from an unknown person. The text says I hope we could see each other in the Future my dear Charlotte.
Next morning I was shocked when I receive the text last night, I told mom about the text and she said, "It must be a wrong send or a prank", "What if mom it came from a special person" I answered. I didn't overthink about the message whole day.

Days have passed still that message hunts me, I feel like it came from someone who likes me. When I check on my phone the message was gone. Maybe it is just a wrong send just like what mom said. I didn't even block the number I'll just ignore it. Walking back home I stopped in a playground and sat on a swing and let breeze of the wind blew all my problems. Freely swinging and unwinding, enjoying this kind of moment brings me back when I was still little.

After unwinding I went to convenience store and bought myself an ice cream and went home happy. While walking I tripped on a rock and sprained my ankle. Then I saw a man running towards me and it was Charles.

Charles "Charlotte are you okay, did you sprained your ankle", he asked worriedly. I said "I'm fine but my ankle really hurt". He suddenly carried me and took me to his car. He brought me to a near hospital. While he was driving me to the nearest hospital I felt like I was dream that I don't want to wake up. And in reality it was not a dream, I got shy when he carried. I thanked Charles for helping me and ask him how did he saw me. "How did you see me", "I went to convenience store to buy some ice cream and then I saw you tripped while walking, so I hurried and run to help you" Charles said. When we got out of the hospital Charles said that he would drove me home, so I said I can take the bus to go home and he insisted to drove me home.