Chapter 05: Beach

FP awoke to knocking and his phone ringing simultaneously. When he saw the caller ID, he picked up right away.

"Al-"

"Could you care opening the door?" The woman interrupted him, sounding rather impatient.

"The door?"

"Yes, the door to your hotel room" FP blinked before walking over to the door to open it — only to reveal none other than Alice Cooper.

"Alice, wha-" She just brushed past him, finally ending the phone call as she took a look around the room.

"A-"

"I have already called every hospital and police department and airport in proximity of this stupid flight but no one has seen Archie or Veronica or Jughead or my precious Betty. What am I supposed to do? I don't know who else to call and-"

"Alice," FP interrupted, resting his hands on her upper arms "calm down. Our kids are smart, they will be fi-"

"What if they're hurt? What if they're somewhere, lost in the ocean? O-Or if they've already drowned?? I heard that drowning is a really painful death"

"Alice- Alice, hun, calm down. We'll figure it out, I promise. They're smart. They will survive. Everyone has gotten into the rescue tents on that flight, including our children. Every rescue tent has a gps signal and they've got their phones. As soon as they have network, someone will notice them. We will find them, Alice, don't worry"

Betty was the first to wake up again. Rubbing her eyes, she sat up to look around. The sun was still up, though over its zenith by then. She smiled softly upon finding her girlfriend in her lap, aside from Kevin leaning onto her. Jughead and Archie were cuddled up to another as well, sleeping at the foot of the bed.

"Guys" She called, nudging the boys with her foot while shaking her girlfriend awake. If they wanted a head start to get to the mountain, they should slowly get up now.

"Mhm... who got killed...?" Kevin mumbled, just rolling around to face Betty her back.

"No one, but we wanted to head to the mountain, remember?" Betty reminded them and at that, Jughead lifted his eyelids.

"How long did we sleep?" He asked, slowly sitting up. He didn't get up much though, groaning as he had to lay down again.

"You alright...?" Archie murmured, arm tightening around his boyfriend's waist. Jughead hummed, followed by another groan as he went to nuzzle his face in Archie's chest in order to shield his eyes from the sunlight.

"What's wrong?" Betty questioned.

"Nothing. It's fine. Just a headache"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

"Alright, so can we go?" Betty asked, still watching him with furrowed brows. When Jughead wouldn't say something, Archie asked if the two of them could have a moment alone. Betty sighed softly, though nodded and slowly got out of the bed. Kevin went to help her before pulling Veronica, still half asleep, along.

"What's wrong?" Archie whispered, driving a hand through Jughead's hair in order to get it out of his face to see him.

"Nothing, just an extreme headache"

"And since when are you shaking?" Archie asked next, to which Jughead just groaned again.

"It's fine, I can handle it"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes" Jughead grumbled, sitting up again. With another groan, he started to massage his temples.