Scars

Depressed Naruto Au

Warning: This chapter contains SH, mentions of abuse, scars, and bruises. Please proceed with caution

Naruto's pov:

Scars.

Scars littered my body as I looked at myself inside of the mirror. I looked at my chest. It was covered in bruises and scars. Some old, some new. Some turning yellow and green, and others turning purplish or even black. Next was my arms. I pulled up my arms and looked at the cuts I'd made on myself. They were covered in blood-stained bandages.

I pulled off my bandages, not caring if I spilled blood. I saw my cuts. The old and the new, bleeding out like a steam. I didn't care.

I hated how I looked.

I hated how my body looked. How skinny my body looked, how my eyebags look. I hated how many scars I have put on myself, how I have scars inflicted by others in this piece of shit village. I hated how my skin looked, how pale it was. I turned away, not bothering to look back. I walked into my room, scanning my house. ' At least none of the villagers came and did anything to my house' I thought.

I went to my closet and grabbed my pajamas that were a little bit big on me. I sighed as I layed in bed, ignoring the stinging in my back as my mind began to wander into known territory. 'Why was I born? What purpose do I serve? Why must I be tormented like this? Does anyone like me?' I kept asking myself questions like I was going to get a response. 'Am I really a demon..?' 'Yes' a voice I didn't recognize talked, which startled me.

Yes, you are a demon. You were born a disgrace, a curse placed upon this village. You serve no purpose. the voice continued, and I listened to every word it said. 'You are a selfish person only thinking about yourself. While you're living in a house and getting food, there are others that have it way worse than you! So stop all your whining.' The voice spat at me and continued its rampage. Belittling me and insulting me. All I could do was listen and cry. The voice called me a crybaby before silencing itself, leaving me alone and broken.

I fell asleep that night with heavy tears, a broken heart, and the deafening silence that dared to come back.