Flash

Me and Ezra are just chilling in my bed after we put the groceries away. I'm watching tv while he's on that goddamn phone at the end of my bed.
Like I can never spend time with my best friend because he'd rather spend time on that device that I bet is burning his hands due to it overheating because he's on it all day. "Ezra." He looks back at me with a questioning brow "what is so important on your phone that you aren't paying attention to the show?" He giggles, I swear he's a little kid. I've had enough.

I get up and go to the side of the end of the bed that he's sitting on and try to grab his phone but before I could he scoots back onto my bed and puts his arm up high so I get on the bed knees first in an attempt to grab it from him but it doesn't work because he's pushing me off my own bed with his other hand. "Ezra give it!" He laughs "you're not my mom" I start to get annoyed that he's laughing at my failed attempt. I reach further and my hands are so close to getting it and finally his had loosens on the phone and I grab it "HA! Now let's see what you were so busy doing." I look on his phone and he's sitting here looking at SpongeBob instagram memes i look up at him dumbfounded and move my head to the side "you can't be serious." He doesn't respond he's looking at me dead in my eyes with a face I can't pick up on infact both his hands are in a surrender position.

Why is he such a weirdo, I think to myself but then I look at the position we're in and realize I'm straddling him but we've played like this before why is he acting so weird but then I look down and move the phone out of my view to see my skirt has pushed up around my waist and my underwear is in full view and my face immediately goes red. I look up at him and he looks at me with a quirked brown as if he's wondering what I'm doing stink on top of him exposed like this and I immediately get off and pull my skirt down. He's still sitting in the same position with his hands up as I walk over to sit next to him on the other side of the bed. "We don't speak of this big Bertha. Got it?"

He chuckles "hey I didn't do anything wrong I just sat there you can't be mad at me!" I roll my eyes. Still embarrassed "ugh I literally despise you." He shakes his head.

My stomach starts growling and he looks at me
"did you eat yet today?" I shake my head "no, I was too busy stopping emy from burning the house down, can we go get food?" He gets up and grabs his keys "come on" I get out of bed smiling excited and we start leaving, we see my dad on the way out "hey Ezra when did you get here?" He laughs "I've been here all day so far!" I chuckle "we're going to get something to eat" my dad nods and doesn't say anything else.

My dad loves Ezra probably more than me if I'm being honest. He's been recently hinting at me and Ezra dating as if I'm hiding something from him but I tell him every time.. we're just friends.

We head to get food and after we pick it up the drive in is about to start so we just head there from getting food. Once we're there we pull in and it's already packed. "I didn't know so many people were going to be here." I deadpan. "For fucking titanic? These people need help." I laugh.

We park in a decent spot to see the movie and I get my phone out to tell Cara we're here but I see her running over to my side and I roll the window down "heyyyy I'm glad you made it I missed you!" I smile. I notice her eyes shift to Ezra and she looks at him extra long "if I'd known you were bringing him I would've got a little more dressed up." She says with a raunchy smile I force a chuckle " yea I dragged him here we were already hanging out so I was just like 'I might as well'." She laughed "yea i figured I wouldn't take him for a titanic type of guy. I'd say more James Bond or.. mission impossible kinda guy." I look over at him "honestly that's spot on!" He smiles warmly at her. "Alright well let me know if you need anything babe" she says to me and I smile "okay have fun" she starts walking past the car but stops by his window and says
"you as well baby" in a higher pitched voice with a smile. I fight the urge to roll my eyes into oblivion.

I've had numerous talks with Cara about how I don't want her and Ezra to be anything because if if doesn't work out then it's awkward for me because I'll have to choose sides and I don't wanna be put in that position. I'm also a jealous friend. I don't know why but I hate feeling left out or feeling like I'm not wanted around so I don't even want them to be friends because knowing Ezra he's the type of guy to hit it and quit it. Cara is also known to get around and i already know her intentions with Ezra so honestly I'm looking out for her best interest at heart. Although she seems to call it cock blocking.

I get my food out the bag and begin eating and so does Ezra as we wait for the movie to play. By the time it's on I'm finished with it all except my fries
so I get comfortable and put my knees up to my chin and turn so my back is against the passenger door and have my head facing the front where the movie is playing. I go in between my legs to reach the cup holders and grab my water and I look up and see Ezra's eyes wide and I get confused "that's the second time you've flashed your underwear to me fay. if you're trying to say something just use your words." He says mockingly. I immediately turn to put my legs down and sit normal.

"You aren't funny." I say annoyed. He winks at me "oh fuck off!" when I say this he giggles. I'm embarrassed enough he just likes to egg things on.

We sit there as the movie plays and then get interrupted by cara pulling up next to the empty spot next to us with her friends. She's sitting in the passenger seat with her window rolled down and they park oddly close. I don't pay too much attention to it till I'm trying to watch the movie and I turn and see Cara whispering something to Ezra and I try to ignore it and go back to the movie but five minutes later she has her hand
rubbing circles on his forearms that's resting on his window and she's giggling loudly. I roll my eyes and tap Ezra's shoulder and he looks at me
"roll your window up." I say and he looks confused" just do it" so he says something to Cara then rolls it up and I sigh as he's looking at me wondering why I made him do that "she's doing this on purpose I told her I don't want her trying to do anything with you because it will put me in a weird position but she doesn't seem to care and it's annoying me because we've had this talk a thousand times." He smirks "she wants to fuck me?" And I roll my eyes "no she has had a crush on you for a long time she may be out here fucking these other guys but I'm pretty sure she wants more then that from you." And he shakes his head violently "I'm good I know way too many stories about her. If I were to ever do something with her it would just be a one time thing." I fake gag. "I don't understand men.. or should I say little boys?" He scoffs "yea you don't understand anything miss holy Virgin Mary" I chuckle "whatever take me home."

And so he does "I'll text you" I say getting out of his car "fuck off" he says playfully, I put my
middle finger up as I walk inside. I see my parents friends are here so I rush upstairs before I'm seen.