Egg-burger (street style)

Hey guys! Sorry, it took so late but I couldn't write anything. BUT, I am back with a super delicious recipe. My friend made it for me, she learned it from a street food stall, and trust me when I say Delhi has the best street food.

Ingredients:

- Boiled potatoes (1 medium-sized potato per 2 portions)

- Eggs (2 eggs per portion)

- Burger buns or bread

- Tomatoes

- Paneer or cottage cheese

- Cheese slices

- Onions

- Boiled sweet corn

- Tomato ketchup

- Mayonnaise

- Spices to taste (salt, turmeric, chili powder, cumin, black pepper)

- Tamarind powder or dried mango powder

Instructions:

1. Prepare the Potato Patties:

- Mash the boiled potatoes in a bowl.

- Add salt, turmeric, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper to taste. Mix well.

- Cook the potato mixture in a greased pan until it turns reddish-brown in color and aromatic.

- Optionally, add tamarind powder or dried mango powder for tanginess. Cook until combined and set aside to cool.

- Shape the cooled potato mixture into small patties. These can be frozen for up to a month.

2. Prepare the Egg Mixture:

- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add salt, black pepper, and finely chopped onions (optional). Mix well, ensuring some egg white is reserved.

- Heat and grease a pan. Coat the potato patties with reserved egg white and cook until crispy. Set aside on a paper towel.

3. Cook the Eggs and Assemble:

- Grease the pan again and pour the egg mixture over low heat.

- Cut the burger buns or bread in half and coat the insides with ketchup or sauce (optional).

- When the egg edges begin to cook, place the bun halves in the middle of the egg mixture, the sauce-coated side facing inward.

- Lift the edges of the egg to ensure even cooking. Once ready to flip, add the reserved egg mixture (or egg white) on top of the bun and flip.

- Fold any overhanging egg edges and cook the folded side until done.

4. Prepare the Cheese Corn:

- Set the egg bun aside. Place a slice of paneer in the pan and cook until it doesn't stick, flipping as needed.

- Transfer the paneer to a paper towel to remove excess oil. In the same pan, add boiled sweet corn and sauté for a few seconds.

- Add mayo, ketchup, and a cheese slice to the corn. Let it melt and mix well.

5. Assemble the Burger/Sandwich:

- On the egg bun, layer tomato slices, potato patties, cheese corn, paneer, and onion slices.

- Close the bun/sandwich and serve hot with any sauce of choice, my preference? Mint-coriander-tamarind chutney and tomato ketchup mixed together