-chapter one-

I was reading my book like I do every morning, but I couldn't focus because of the rumours of the upcming war. I trembled slightly as I heard a noise from the hall, then my parents entered the room in a hurry. "Alex, come with us." my mom said as she pulled my arm and dragged me to the car. When the car started moving, I asked where we were going but my questions were ignored by them both. When the car stopped, I looked around to see the place and quickly noticed we were in a train station. I get what they're doing now, I think we are going to leave the country because of the rumoured war approaching. We got on the train with the crowd. When we settled down, no one was speaking and the train had a rather... uneasy atmosphere? Thats when my mom said she forgot her money at the car and my dad offered to help her find it so they left me and went to the car, promised they would be back soon.

*                                                                                                  *                                                                                       *

No one came back, I started crying as the train left the station. I understood the situation well now, but I didn't want to acknowledge it... I dont want to be alone, I'd rather stay, please come back... As I countinued crying for what seemed like an hour, a family entered the train stall. They seemed to be coming back from a trip. A woman, her husband and a boy that looked a few years older than me. I looked up to them, wiping my eyes as the woman and her husband sat in front, the boy standing. After a few minutes passed I heard the woman ask "Dear, are you okay, where are your parents?" I couldn't answer, I just countinued crying, thinking of my parents again. The woman came over to my seat and slightly hugged me as she said "I'm sorry for asking, please dont cry. D-" as she was about to countinue but a bell rang, cutting her sentence in half. It was the dinner bell, the woman apologised to me as she left with her husband to bring food. Now I was alone with the boy, when I looked at him once more, he glared at me. He looked at me like he was going to reprimand me for crying. I tried to stop crying but I failed once more. As I looked at the bot again with teary eyes, the boy's face suddenly softened as he sat down near me. "Hello there, Im Choiwon, whats your name?" he asked, wrapping a comforting arm around me. I really needed this so I snuggled to the boy's arms as I replied "A-Alex" I thought he was going to get angry but he looked so calm while his arms were wrapped around me. "Alex, do you want to be family?" I heard the boy ask but I was too tired to reply. I nodded as my tears stopped. I was feeling dizzy and I drifted of to sleep in the arms of Choiwon...