Chapter 2 ⁝ worrying

TW- slight swearing, small abuse reference, violence reference? war warning of course 

(i just want to mention about the characters ages! i tried going on their Wikipedia's but some of their wikis didn't show up, so yeah- at the end of this chapter below credits ill add their 'headcanon' ages or whatever)

As dream paces around he notice cross standing their all confused, he stops pacing and hugs cross then releases him, he stands in front of cross holding both of his hands worrying.

Dream: "oh cross, i don't know what to do- as you know me and my brother made a promise a few weeks ago about the balances of the emotions- and i accidently broke it, i did tell nightmare it was a accident and he agreed so i-" he was cutted of by cross.

Cross: "you made another deal with him that if one of you broke the promise again you'll go to war? i know- you told me yesterday, and in the village the moon empire invaded so let me guess- your worrying about the war?" cross said, he could read dream like a book- of course not always but this time was easy since the day dream accidently broke the promise (yesterday) he told cross he made another promise and about how careful they need to be, so cross assumed nightmare broke the promise the next day (which is today).

Cross always held a hatred towards nightmare as he used cross against dream, so then the empires began cross was hold against his will to be in the moon empire, luckily he escaped to join dream, though nightmare still owned crosses soul- normally if someone betrayed the moon empire they would be badly punished but cross wasn't, cross had a feeling that if he fought nightmare, nightmare would use that power against cross.

Dream: "yeaaah......" dream looked down and frowned will sad eyes, he felt awful that some families were splitted up due to nightmare sending his knights to kill them, dream was also mad about the fact that nightmares knights cutted down some trees, sure he was mad because that means they might starve as they need trees to do the soil and stuff, (Trees capture rainfall with leaves, and therefore reducing runoff of nutrients & sediment on agricultural land. They also reduce the impact of wind and keeping soil structure with their roots.) (i got that information from google) but he was mad about the fact their mother was a tree and how nightmare killed her, it was like a flashback for him.

Cross: "hey- don't worry to much...sure people will get killed but..its going to ok- we will win this war.." cross tried his best to try and comfort dream but kind of failed, dream just looked to cross and smiled.

Dream: "thanks..can you make sure Lux doesn't know?..." (in this story Lux is..maybe twenty one?) dream smiles since he doesn't want lux to know about the war since you need to be over the age eighteen to join the war, and he doesn't want Lux to get killed or hurt.

Lux was in the village today with faith her older brother (faith), she didn't knew about the war or the dead people with blood scattered everywhere since then that happened she and faith was nearby the sunrise lake (i just came up with the name so i don't know if its a real thing!), the lake was called the 'sunrise lake' because whenever the sun would rise, the lake would glow in a angelic tone and glimmer spreading positive thoughts.

Cross: "alright sure thing but we cant always protect her and keep her safe you know..? she is twenty one" cross replied as he slides his hand on his (bone) cheek, he knew Lux was old enough to fight in war, of course he didn't want lux fighting in it and getting hurt, but he knew someday lux won't need protecting.

Dream: "yeah i know...just don't want her getting hurt in this war you know?...it's too soon.." Dream replied 'pouting' (i don't know pretend skeletons can kiss and stuff, its fanfiction! XD) 

Cross: "well i'll go can tell her, what about the others though?" he replies.

Dream: "Don't tell the others, i guess faith is alright though just tell him in secret and make sure no one else knows, i'm going to swap and ink to get ready for the war, "