prologue

title: fingertips
cast: taylor swift, karlie kloss
five parts: coffee, sea, journal, air, liquor

taylor swift was twenty five when she met her soulmate. after a few dead ends in her life regarding love, friendship, work, and family, taylor had given up. with her hands in the air she backed away from her life in pennsylvania and escaped to manhattan. she lived in homeless shelters and drank lukewarm soup and stood on the corner to sell her music, although she had to admit that there were times on that corner she wound up selling a little more of herself than her music. dreary sundays reaped the worst results, but friday afternoons were when she made the most. her heart pounded when someone smiled at her, tossed her a coin, paid her any attention. she had figured her soulmate was the city until she met karlie kloss. that was when everything changed.

karlie was mesmerized as the blonde girl on the stool strummed each chord perfectly. with her she brought the rain and a sense of warmth karlie lacked in her dulling life. the blonde's arm was thin as it moved methodically to the rhythm her guitar emitted. she seemed to breathe the words she sang, not project them, and her backdrop, the blank wall eaten by windows, flashed lightning off the city streets. karlie fell in love.