008. ㅤ ㅤ reliable word.

8.ㅤ ㅤ reliable word

     When you realize that you are on your own in the selfish world and nothing comes easy, your mentality changes.

     Mary Elizabeth was nothing more than a girl, she was an empty entity with fanciful dreams and a boring mortal reality, she read books full of cultural history and miths about princesses and fairies, of knights who fought dragons and mermaids who enchanted sailors. Now she had become a lump of flesh and bones with no other objective than discover a truth that not even she fully believed, she was haunted by a volatile secret, memories that didn't let her sleep at night and during the day her own mind betrayed her with the shadows.

     She was devoted to curiosity and punished with the simplicity of mortality, that itself was going to be her downfall.

     The Mikaelsons knew how to play with people, control them or discard them, and they had Mary Elizabeth in their hands, holding her tightly enough so she wouldn't escape and enough to make her feel free. But any moment —any wrong move— and they could squeeze a little harder to get it her of the way.

The days were windy and cloudy, the heat of summer seemed null and void with the dark hallways of the Mikaelson mansion. The cold floor made Mary Elizabeth's feet numb and the candles in the gloom gave her chills. She found herself wandering the grounds of the property, passing through locked doors that she never wondered what was hidden behind before. Every step she took felt like she was slowly sinking to the bottom of the sea, being carried by a wild tide that was impossible to escape.

Her mouth, her lungs, increasingly difficult to breathe. It became more and more difficult for her lungs to breathe. With the restlessness of the silence making the hair on the back of her neck stand up. Mary Elizabeth didn't even remember how she had ended up walking through a half-open door, which to add gloom, the moonlight slipped through the holes of a stained glass window with apparent ancient designs. There lay coffins, her fingers were enough to count them all and yet it was no less creepy.

"Great heavens..." She put her hands to her mouth, containing her surprise, which apparently was beginning to become redundant because she kept unearthing secrets.

"Well, it seems like you're taking sneaking around as a habit." A voice echoed in her ear. When she turned around she found Niklaus leaning against the door with a greedy smile, his eyes darker that normal.

Mary Elizabeth didn't even jump at his presence, she was very focused on the other topic, "So you and your siblings happen to casually have coffins in storage?"

"No, we just prepared your next bed." He responded mockingly, which the blonde didn't had the freedom to take as a innocent joke.

     She felt threatened and she was tired of feeling like the prey. So she walked quickly towards to face him, regretting it as she saw how his smile widened, giving her a glimpse of his sharp fangs.

"Run." He warned as black veins sprout from his eyes.

     Mary Elizabeth didn't hesitate for a second when she was already fleeing from the monster with the charming appearance of a prince. Her legs moved as fast as they could, even faster than she could bear, her heart flowed from her chest to her throat. Bam, bam, bam, she heard drums pounding in her head. Was that what it felt like to be on the brink of death? Terror, exhaustion, longing for what she could have been, were things that ran through her head as failed attempts to open doors and ignored cries for help were requested. Would Niklaus enjoy watching her suffer and beg for her life as she bled to death? She was stumbling and her feet were burning, she could feel cold sweat falling down her forehead and back. Would he take her in his arms while she took her last breaths or would he leave her lying on the floor like unimportant debris?