NINE

MARCUS

MARCUS.
Same night at the club (12:34am)
— NEW YORK CITY

"You out here playing me forreal?"

"Lena, please don't start this shit again." I sternly warned her annoying ass. "The fuck you doin' here anyway? Shouldn't you be shakin' ya ass or somethin' at the strip joint?"

She was starting to get on my fucking nerves. I'm here having a good time with Jaz, and here her crazy ass come ruining shit.

"Don't worry about where the fuck I should be. If I wanna take a night off to have a life, I can do just that!" Lena spat. "I came here so we could spend some time together and have a little fun, but you wanna be over here dry humping some other bitch!"

"Bitch?!" Jazlyn immediately jumped in. "I know you not talking about me, hoe!"

"Yo, both of you chill out!" I snapped before giving Lena a look. "She ain't no bitch, what ya fucking mouth—"

"Jaz, you good? What's going on?" Crystal suddenly appeared with Jordan right behind her.

"I ain't got time for this." Jazlyn muttered and angrily stormed off.

"Jazlyn wai—" I attempted to chase after her only to be stopped by Crystal.

"I'll go talk to her. Handle your business with that bitch before I do." She gave Lena a nasty look before checking on Jaz.

"She over here laughin' and shit.." Jordan said referring to Lena, causing me to feel an instant rush of fury.

I turned around, seeing a devilish grin plastered on her face and immediately walked up to her. "Come here!" I roughly tugged onto her arm and dragged her off the dance floor into a secluded area.

"Yo, how many times do I have to tell you? Stop goin' around lyin' on my fucking name! Me and you don't have no baby together, and we're not a couple!"

"Oh, so you're just gonna fuck me and do all the shit you did with me and that's it?! I'm just a hoe to you now? Is she the reason why you've been pushing me away these past few months? You been fucking her behind my back huh—"

I released a frustrated sigh and held the bridge of my nose. "Lena, are you slow or something? You suffer from memory loss or some shit? You was never a hoe to me but you weren't my girl either. We both agreed to a 'no strings attached' agreement. This was your fucking idea in the first place!"

She ain't have shit to say now.

I scoffed and shook my head. All I wanted to do right now was make sure Jazlyn was okay.

"Man.. look. Since you haven't got the message yet, we're done. Whatever we had goin' on is officially over. When you see me at the club, don't say nothing to me. We goin' back to just being two people who work at the same spot."