𝐏 𝐑 𝐎 𝐋 𝐎 𝐆 𝐔 𝐄

Your life will not be greater by accident, it will be better by changes.

— Jim Rohn

~☆~
ℕ𝔸𝕂𝕀𝕄𝔼

So my father left my room, letting me alone with these adoption papers on the table...

Why?

Oh, I didn't introduce myself, uh? My name is Nakime Yagi, and I'm All Might's daughter. Well, I was All Might's daughter, I guess. All Might is my only remaining parent. I'd lost my mom at the age of 6, killed by villains. One more reason for me to become a hero, I wanna say! Unfortunately, I'm officially quirkless,  so I'll not be able to do it. But it doesn't matter! I'll contribute one way or another, maybe helping agencies or with financial support?

This, ladies and gentlemen, I was thinking of before this day of June when All Might entered my room and slapped this wad of papers on the table. 

"Sign, please. I adopt Izuku, and I need, expect, and want you to be out by the end of the weekend. He'll be a much better heir than you."

The tone he used was icy, making my skin shiver all along my spine while he was living the bedroom without telling me more. Since he had meet this "Izuku" there's what? Two months ago? he stopped talking to me, except to ask me to give him the salt when we were eating and to finish chores. He wasn't coming back home as early as before, and our father-daughter complicity became an almost unilateral affection.

I know it can seem silly or childish, but I think a 16-years-old teenager has necessary needs in order to achieve happiness, including affection. I didn't complain when it was taken away from me, I would not bother my father with that, would I?
Now, it's clearly my primary needs that are involved. No more roof to shield myself from the cold and the rain, no money so no food. I'll die super quickly.

Whatever, I'll not sign these adoption papers! It would be a total mistake. Arisu already told me foster homes weren't merciful. And there's simply NO WAY I do anything against myself and my interests! However...

I feel my heart painfully twisting and crushing in my chest. My own father doesn't want to hear about me...? So he can replace me by a broccoli? How am I supposed to accept that? All because he will be "a better heir"? Why, doesn't this guy have parents?
And so I'm the one who pays the bills of All Might's succession in order to keep peace in hero society?
In other words, in my father's eyes, society is more important than his own daughter, flesh and blood? 

I am condemned to suffer.

I am condemned to die.

I am doomed to see an impostor take the place that is due to me.

A feeling of imminent death crept into the pit of my stomach, then flew through each and every vein of mine, like snake's venom. Gradually, my tremors became more and more evident, and I stood there, my head buried in my knees as my breathing became impossible to hold and the sweat on my forehead drowned my eyes blurred by hot tears in blond, curly locks of hair.
Will I die?

I'll die.

Pull yourself together, Nakime...

But a part of me was totally refusing to obey, and the slow torture of anguish filled every puff of air filled by anxiety that I was unbearably inhaling while burning my lungs.

I continued to lean on myself. I can't die now, can I?

A strike of wind blew next to me,  twisting my stomach by fear while I was still trying to calm myself down as well as I could. If I could. 
I turned myself like a madwoman as my hairs stand on the end of my skin. Or I hallucinated because of my state of mind, or I've really just seen a 1M80 shadow in my bedroom. But as much as I was turning around in all directions, I wasn't seeing anything except furniture, mostly white. My vision became totally blurry because of the hot tears that flew on my pink cheeks. 

Everything looks so familiar, and yet so different to me.

I tried to reassure myself, my shaking hand taking a family picture on the nightstand.

Mom looks so happy, with her dark curls, her emerald eyesn and her shiny grin.

Mom looked so happy, with her dark curls, her emerald eyes, and her shiny grin.

It's exactly at this moment a crazy, excellent but crazy idea popped in my thoughts.

I've never met my mom's family.

I've two days to find somewhere to live. I don't want to be a weight for my friends, and All Might doesn't have family. However, I've never met my mom's family. I don't know if they will accept  me from one day to tomorrow like that, but for now, it's my only solution.

I stood up despite my nausea and I headed towards the kitchen. I'll need a sandwich if I want to be productive. I tried as much as I could to ignore the voices inside of my head.

𝕎𝕙𝕪 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕙𝕠𝕨.𝕨𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕒𝕣𝕖? 𝔻𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕥.

I couldn't hear anything else. My efforts to ignore them were in vain as I replied.

Is it too much to ask you to leave me all alone? 

ℕ𝕒𝕜𝕚𝕞𝕖, 𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣. ℍ𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕡𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕟𝕝𝕪 𝕗𝕠𝕠𝕝𝕤 𝕕𝕠.

I'm quirkless. End of the discussion.

𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕝𝕝.𝕤𝕦𝕓𝕞𝕚𝕥 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕪 𝕠𝕣 𝕒𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣, 𝕨𝕙𝕪 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘?

— I said stop !!

It's when I realised I'd shout.

— Damn. 

I arranged the crushed slices of sandwich bread under my hand as best I could, then I made my sandwich before going to get dressed.

Now, it's time to struggle for my survival.