Chapter 3: Another World

RYAZANIA POV:

Disoriented and confused, I scanned my surroundings, though the rain had vanished, I was still soaked from the downpour just moments earlier.

I stood in a vast landscape of lush green plains, stretching as far as I could see.

No city, no cars, no familiar landmarks-just endless fields and a clear blue sky.

My heart raced as I tried to make sense of it all.

"Let me think, let me think," I muttered to myself, trying to calm my racing thoughts.

How had I gotten here? What was this place? One moment I was in the city, searching for my cousin, and now I was in an entirely new place.

It felt like a dream, but everything was too vivid, too real.

I took a deep breath and tried to remember what happened before I ended up here.

I was at the crosswalk, saw the figure in the red hoodie, and then ran towards the corner where I found the glowing sigil. And then... this.

It was like stepping through a hidden door to another realm, but why me? And what about my cousin? Was he here too?

A shiver ran down my spine, not from the rain, but from the uncertainty, I felt utterly alone in this strange place, with no idea where to go or what to do next.

I needed to find answers, and fast.

Was there a way back home?

Would I find other people, or was I truly on my own?

I looked around, searching for any signs of life or hints of civilization.

A narrow dirt path snaked its way through the plains, leading toward a distant forest.

It seemed like my best bet, so I began walking, my soaked clothes clinging to my skin.

As I walked, I kept thinking about my cousin, hoping he was safe somewhere in this strange world. If this place had drawn me in, perhaps it had taken him too.

The thought gave me a spark of hope, something to hold onto as I ventured into the unknown.

A few hours later, I had walked so much to the point that my legs have given out and there is still no sign of civilization in sight, then before my legs could give up I saw a large giant tree in the distance, the sun shined so bright, a weather I'm not used to, I sat for a moment and waited for my legs to rest, then I would venture to that giant tree.

A few hours later, the endless walk was starting to take its toll. The lush green plains were beautiful but the scenery barely changed as I trudged along the narrow dirt path.

The sun hung high in the sky, beating down with an intensity I wasn't used to.

Sweat soaked my already-damp clothes, and my legs were sore and exhausted from the constant walking.

Just as I thought I couldn't go any further, I noticed something in the distance-a large tree, towering over the plains like a guardian.

Its branches spread wide, casting a shadow that stretched across the grass.

The sight gave me a burst of energy, just enough to push through the fatigue.

I limped over to the base of the giant tree and sat down, leaning against its massive trunk. The cool shade felt like a blessing, and I took a moment to catch my breath.

The breeze rustled through the leaves, providing a gentle reprieve from the heat, as I rested, I thought about the path ahead and how far I'd come from that rainy crosswalk.

The tree seemed like an anchor in this vast, unfamiliar landscape, a place to regroup and gather my strength.

I didn't know what I would find if I kept walking, but at least the tree was a point of reference. As I sat there, I wondered if my cousin had passed this way, if he had found this same shade.

It was a comforting thought, even if there were no signs of anyone else around.

I closed my eyes and let the breeze wash over me, my legs finally getting a chance to rest.

The exhaustion was real, but so was my determination to keep going.

I knew I couldn't stay here forever, but a few moments of calm under this giant tree were exactly what I needed.

After a while, I opened my eyes and felt ready to move on.

The tree loomed above me, its branches reaching toward the sky.

It felt like a good omen, a sign that I was on the right track, even if I didn't know where that track would lead. I stood up, stretched my sore muscles, and began to follow the path again, heading toward whatever lay beyond the horizon.

I reached into my pocket, hoping to find my phone, but it wasn't there, a sinking feeling hit me. Not only was I lost in an unfamiliar world, but now I had no way to call for help or even check the time, It was disorienting and unnerving, but I knew I had to stay calm.

I still had my wallet, though, so I opened it to check its contents. Everything seemed intact-my ID, a few bills, and a small picture of my family.

I took the photo out and stared at it for a moment.

It was a snapshot from a few years ago, all of us, my family, smiling and happy, seeing their faces brought a pang of homesickness and a surge of determination.

I tucked the picture back into my wallet and put it back in my pocket.

Exhausted from the long walk and the emotional turmoil, I sat down against the trunk of the giant tree and closed my eyes.

I didn't intend to fall asleep, just to rest for a bit and gather my strength.

The shade and the gentle breeze made it easy to relax, despite the unfamiliar surroundings.

As I sat there with my eyes closed, I could hear the distant rustling of leaves and the soft chirping of birds.

It was peaceful, almost serene, a stark contrast to the stress and worry I'd felt back in the city. But I couldn't shake the feeling of being utterly alone, with no clue how to find my way back or where to go from here.

I knew I couldn't stay here forever, but I needed a moment to recover from the endless walk.

I allowed myself to rest, hoping that when I opened my eyes, I'd find some clarity or at least a sense of direction.

I let myself be still, letting the sounds of the forest lull me into a brief, uneasy rest.