Twenty-Two

Dorothy's POV

Dorothy's POV

"Wow!" Evanora and Lily both look at me as I entered the trauma room with Mark. They needed all hands on deck and apparently I'm the best intern here, except for Lexie.

"Man versus bus. The bus won. Check out the left arm Mark." Grace tells both of us. The man moves his fingers and I recognize that he's signing. Examining the man closely, I see that he's signing 007.

"George." Lily hears me and look over at George.

"He's crashing again!" A nurse informs us.

"What do we got?" Evanora asks us, though I believe she's talking to Mark.

"We got roadkill. You mind?" Owen yells at Evanora.

"He stepped out in front of a moving bus so he could pull a woman out of the way. He's a hero. Can you fix the arm?" Callie asks Mark.

"Fingers are already blue. If it's going to happen, it's got to be in the next few hours." Mark says when George crashes again.

"Pupil's blown. Stop CPR. Okay, give me a cranial drill, please. Robbins, want to practice your, uh, burr holes?" Grace asks me and I nod before going over to where she is.

"Stabilize his neck, please, nurse. Okay, hand her the drill. Okay, go in slowly. when you feel it grab, stop, 'cause otherwise you're going to be hitting the brain. Okay, let's go. Quickly right there!" Grace says as I perform the burr hold successfully.

"Pull back, pull back! That's it." Evanora tells me when George stabilizes and regains consciousness.

"All right. Let's get his head rotated. Easy. Watch his neck." Grace tells me and I give George a smile.

"Welcome back. You had us worried there for a minute." George signs to the others, but they aren't paying attention. So I walked out of the room and find Lexie suturing a woman's arm.

"You think he's going to make it?" The woman asks us and Lexie turns to face me.

"We hope so." Lexie tells her.

"He really has to make it. I'm Amanda Lucio by the way." Amanda tells us.

"Dr. Dorothy Robbins and Dr. Lexie Grey." I say, introducing the two of us. Lexie finishes suturing Amanda and the two of us walk away from her.

"Mommy and Mama are buying the house next to yours. Well yours and Meredith's house. We are going to be neighbours."

"That's great." Lexie says with a smile on her face.

"Lexie that man is George. He signed 007 to me and Lily to let us know it was him." Lexie tears up and I hug her.

"We have to tell the others." Lexie says when Lily and Grace both walk over to us.

"Tell us what? That this man's George? I already knew that because he has a distinct birth mark on his body that I unfortunately had the pleasure of seeing." Grace says, causing Lily to sigh.