Chapter - 02

Zack let out a scream of pain on instinct, managing to kick Andrew away and off of him

Zack let out a scream of pain on instinct, managing to kick Andrew away and off of him. He scrambled up, nearly falling again due to putting pressure on his wrist. Zack shakily steadied himself, before taking off as fast as his injured, tired body would let him. He was practically running blind, due to the wind and rain. As well as the cut above his left eye dripping blood into it as he ran.

Zack's body gave out on itself mid-stride, collapsing onto the forest floor. Zack let out a groan, having hit his wrist as well as his head when falling. He heaved himself up into a sitting position, trying to immediately stand up but falling back down again. He had to pause for a moment, on his hands and knees as he coughed up blood.

Zack was so distracted trying to get to Frederick and trying to get up, that he had forgotten about Andrew. Andrew caught up shortly, stopping in amusement upon seeing Zack spit blood out his mouth. Andrew then hit Zack's back with handle of his knife. Zack's breathing hitched, taken off guard as he now choked on his blood a bit. Andrew smirked.

"My point proven, no?"

Andrew flipped Zack over, spinning the knife in his hand a few times before stabbing it into Zack's hand

Andrew flipped Zack over, spinning the knife in his hand a few times before stabbing it into Zack's hand. Zack yelled out in pain again, and had to suppress another one as Andrew ripped the knife back out of his hand. It felt like Andrew was just messing with him, like Zack had no power over the situation.

Zack managed to weakly get out from under Andrew's foot, half stumbling half crawling to get away, before managing to stand and continue to run. He was off of the forest's path at this point, he'd lost the trail. Now he was blindly navigating, trying to get away from Andrew.