1. The Name of The Game

You were working at a tech company, fixing cables for TVs and repairing broken electronics, it's not the dream job you wanted, but it pays well enough so you can get by.

"Excuse me?." A woman came in, her voice was instantly recognizable to you, it was your girlfriend, Robin. "I was hoping you could come back to my place and...lay some cable?..."

"I'd love to..." You smiled at her. "I'm about to go on break so...give me five minutes, okay?."

Five minutes later...

You were walking with Robin, her apartment wasn't that far from where you worked so you could spend a few minutes with her before you had to start again.

"Hey..." She smiled at you. "You ever wonder about the future?."

"Umm, yeah..." you nodded. "But I tend to live in the moment..."

"I understand." She chuckles. "But...I also like thinking about the future..."

"And what do you see in the future?." You smiled and closed your eyes.

She also smiled and leaned in to kiss you, eyes closed as well...however...you felt something splatter on you, you thought it was rain starting but then you opened your eyes....you were covered in blood...Robin's blood.

You slowly turned your head and saw a familiar-looking Superhero, also covered in blood...it was A-Train, Vought's resident speedster...

it was A-Train, Vought's resident speedster

"I-I can't stop!." He looked at you, then ran away at the speed of light. "I can't stop!!!."

You looked down at your hands...you were holding Robin's severed forearms.

"R-Robin?..." You immediately began crying as you held her arms whilst covered head to toe in her blood.

Timeskip...a day later...

You were trying to recover from the loss of your girlfriend, which wasn't going well... you heard the TV in the background, Translucent, Vought's invisible hero, was talking to Jimmy Fallon about his new movie, not that you cared...the only interesting thing you picked up on was his skin is made of carbon...you saw someone checking out a stuffed bear in the store, he was wearing a trench coat...

"You Interested in a nanny cam?." You walked up to him. "Because we're actually running a special on that-"

"Tell me..." The man examined the bear, he spoke with a British accent. "How many nannies shake their babies?."

"Uh, I'm sorry?." You looked confused.

"You know, like a good..." The man began violently shaking the bear. "A good hard shake..."

The man in the trench coat slowly turned to you.