Na night

Kyle and I adoringly gazed at the two sleeping littles on the bedroom floor.

They had played to their hearts content. The two popped in a Disney movie, then crashed on top of the pile of blankets and pillows they created that lay in front of the tv. Soft snores filled the room.

"Sorry," Kyle chuckled, "I had to check on him."

I rolled my eyes at the blush that arose on his cheeks, "No worries, man. Thank you for helping me clean up the mess we all made."

Kyle smiled and fixed his gaze over to meet mine, "For sure! Thank you for inviting us over. I'm glad Tucker and Caroline had such a great time. It was so nice seeing you again after so long."

"Of course," I nodded.

Silence filled the room as Kyle tip-toed over to his sleeping partner. He picked him up and carried Tucker like he was weightless. Tucker's shaggy hair was brushed out of his eyes as his head slumped over on Kyle's shoulder.

"Take care, guys," I whispered.

Kyle nodded back and walked out of the bedroom. I heard my front door shut faintly in the distance as I shuffled over to where Caroline slept on the floor.

Scooping her up in my arms, I groaned. I need to get back to the gym- Kyle made this look much easier than it was.

After walking a few steps over to her bed and laying Caroline down gently, I tucked her into her covers. Shushing her when a whine slipped out, I spent a moment looking at her. She looked so peaceful. So sweet.

Hesitantly, I held a finger out, and stroked her cheek softly. I bit back a smile. I'm getting used to not being so alone in this house.

Straightening my back, I made my way to her bedroom door. I took one last glance at her and began to shut the door.

"Austin?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Can I have some water before you go to bed, please?"

"Of course."

I quickly go to the kitchen and return as she asked. I stand by her side and help her sit up in bed, handing her the cup of water to drink. She gulps it down and hands the cup right back to me. Thanking me and laying back down.

I tuck her in once more, "Feel better?"

"Mhm," she mumbles

"I'm glad," I whisper, "Goodnight, Cara."

"Na night, Austin."