8.

I needed a break after a long week of being up under Jay. I loved him but I missed my country-girl lifestyle. I decided to visit my father before dropping my things off at home. I called up one of my childhood male friends to come along to make sure he didn't say or do anything stupid.

We drove through the small town of Wimberly. The culture was very similar to his childhood hometown of Alabama. I enjoyed the scenery as I put my feet on the dashboard and leaned back into the passenger seat.

Occasionally my friend Kaden would steal glances at me. I sang and let the wind blow through my tresses and the bass shook the car. Music blasting through the speakers making me feel each hit. I was in awe of the new record I made. My denim shorts rose up my thighs and hugged the thickness of my physique. Still with no second thought I just continued to listen to my music.

Kaden smiled at me and grabbed my hand gently. I felt him rubbing it over and over as my worries began to subside.

"Are you ready to tell your dad that Solange is pregnant? I already know she doesn't want anything to do with him." He asked me softly.

I shrugged and leaned back into my seat, rolling up my blunt. "I mean no im not ready but there's not a damn thing he can do about it. he's gonna have to deal with it."

"Your dad still seeing Mrs.Danielle? You know that the whole situation has the whole town talking Bey."

I lit my blunt and took a hit, sinking into my seat. I could honestly care less about my dad and his raggedy side chick that he left my momma for.

"We're on our way to his house, you ask him," I said sharply.

"You know she had the baby it's a boy... you have a baby brother." He went on to talk.

I sat there in disbelief that that it had been a year since I had been in Texas and that so much time had passed my youngest sibling had already made his grand arrival and I didn't bother to visit him because I was so hurt by my father's actions.

"That's nice... But can we change the subject please?" I said softly.

He nodded his head and then continued to focus on the road, i noticed his vibe changed after my remark so I quickly brought the conversation back around.

"So I'm dating someone new, we're in love. I moved in with him, we're trying to take things extremely seriously. He is my artist manager as well as a great great mentee." I said shyly.

Kaden frowned and sucked his teeth. "So he's the reason why you left to go to the big city huh?"

I nodded my head and fidgeted with my hands. "He is the reason for a lot of things...but so are you."

Seeing Kaden jealous made me confused a bit, never would I have ever imagined my best friend being upset that I found love. I moved out of this terrible town just like we always talked about he knew I would. My family and everyone are comfortable in Los Angeles. My music is getting played from state to state on the radio, im still teaching music putting that degree to use and my man is the greatest and richest rapper in the game. I didn't see why he was hating.

Kaden's frown deepened, and his eyes narrowed. "You're just saying that to make me feel better, aren't you?" he asked, his voice laced with a mix of hurt and annoyance.

I felt a pang of guilt, but I didn't mean to hurt my friend's feelings. "What do you mean?" I asked, trying to sound innocent.

"You know exactly what I mean," Kaden said, his tone rising. "You left this town, left your family and friends, and left your roots behind. You did it for him, didn't you? You did it for Jay and his fame and fortune."