24 𓇼 Quiz 2: All I Do Is Wear Cool Outfits and Tell Silly Jokes

CHAPTER 24 LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It was a rather cold day in the winter. Right before the first dawning of spring, when frigid rains knocked flower blossoms loose from the ends of branches.  The days where birds cuddled against one another for warmth, and bugs crawled into unruly spaces to stay dry from the shower. The days when umbrellas were forfeited for hats and sweaters turned to T-shirts, when hot chocolate becomes strawberry milk in sunny parks. The beginning of April before he disappeared, if he remembered the time correctly it would've only been a week or two before.

The days when Jeongin had often found himself at Seungmin's house, or Seungmin at his apartment.

Their notebooks had been strewn out with their textbooks across Seungmin's desk, university assignments long abandoned along with the wired headphones still plugged into the younger's phone as a muted melody played from their speakers. Beneath the tapping of the humid rain against his window they could hardly hear that song anymore. The room had been heavy with the scent of sweat and something sweet like saccharine that clung to the corners no matter the gusts of air from that cheap thrifted fan his boyfriend loved so dearly. Maybe it was their skin, their hair, or inside of the wallpapers, forever burned as evidence against their backs.

Seungmin had been still within his arms. Laid peacefully as his back pressed flush into his own bare chest, their breaths that moved together to collide again and again, their legs had tangled up together naturally to the arm his head rested on and the hand his fingers tightly coiled with in play. They must have been in that position on the small double bed underneath the warm navy blue comforters for... Hours at that point. Minutes? Maybe it was days. They could've stayed like that for centuries, and neither of them would have minded too much.

His boyfriend busied himself, playing with his fingers; Squeezing the knuckles, tracing their outlines with his nails and the pads of his fingertips as he dragged them along the creases of his palms, tangling up their fingers like woven knits before releasing them, occupied within the fidgeting as he murmured to Jeongin, "You wouldn't stay, would you?"

"What do you mean?" He had asked, clutching his hand around Seungmin's fingers to reassure him.

"One of these days, something else will come along. And you will be off. You'll pick up the wind in your sail, and you'll be gone," Seungmin moved his hand away from Jeongin's, slipping the grip off of him as he slowly moved away from the body behind him. As languidly, he pressed himself up to his elbows and sat off the mattress, "That's who you are. You're made for more than this life."

Though he kept his back turned to Jeongin. His eyes focused somewhere on the melancholic storms that thundered against the glass panels of his window beyond that room, but almost wanting to reach out to them as he kicked his legs over the side of the mattress.

"There's something else out there, waiting to find you."

He followed after. Pressing himself up to the support of his hand as he moved to caress his boyfriend's arm. A soft whisper he had stamped into the supple skin of that bare shoulder in promise, "Only if you'd be there with me."

Seungmin had turned back to him. A melancholic smile tossed over his shoulder he couldn't quite decipher, before he turned himself away and stood from the edge of the mattress.

Softly he had slipped away from Jeongin's arms,

And something within his heart knew he would never hold him in the same way again.