[ 𝟏 ] - 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

"All right everybody, settle down!" Rosie called from amongst all the gnarling teeth and delectable angel flesh. Y/N looks up to a completely different scene than what she saw only a mere 10 minutes ago, the hotel, it stood their looking as though it suffered not a single bit of destruction even though just a little while ago it was completely pulverised by Adam. A drop of yellow substance dripped from Y/N's chin, and she used her handkerchief to wipe the delicious substance off further standing up to get a clear view of her much-adored Rosie.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I want to congratulate you on your immense success and know that you saved Hell from a terrible crisis!" everyone was in an uproar. Cheering could be heard left and right, so much it made Y/N want to eat her own ears off... but she was happy. In fact, she was exhilarated, so much that she lost herself in all the madness. It's rare for her to lose her composure and show such an unsightly sight of her digging her sharp nails through the flesh of a creature and using her teeth to rip out the parts she couldn't dig through... "oh well! my bad!" she thought to herself.

She glanced back up to the head of the crowd, which was too silent for comfort. Rosie was gone and now it was that young girl speaking, the young girl that guided us all out of the depths of our flesh-craving holes and up towards the hotel, Charlie Morningstar.

"I really wanted to thank you all for helping us save Hell from the exorcists attack." The small figure sobbed, "If it weren't for everyone's help, Hell would've been in a dire situation right now... so I just wanted to say... I love you all!" you could hear "aww" and non-taunting giggles from within the crowd from her innocent yet heartfelt statement. Y/N slightly cringed at it but could feel the warmth she was sending throughout her message which made her hair stand on end. She was unfamiliar with the sensation of true feeling and emotion that it overwhelmed Y/N and confused her. Why would she love us for something so small? Is this just another manipulation tactic to get us to do something more? Sure enough, Y/N's suspicions were proven right... or was it?

"Now that everybody is familiar with the hotel and understands its qualities... would anybody like to stay and give a shot at redemption?" she suggested. Y/N's slight smile dropped when she said this as she felt her suspicions where right and this young fool only wanted to uplift her silly little hotel. Y/N placed her handkerchief back into her pocket and tidied herself up a little bit. She was about to make her way down towards the gates and started planning on how she could cook up the new delicious meat she collected when she heard something she didn't expect.

"I have to agree, some of you should most certainly stay and try give this Hazbin Hotel a chance." Rosie mentioned, Y/N stood there in disbelief. The whole crowd did. Rosie added onto her statement. "I understand that everybody here works together and have a long-standing rule to do so however, I do believe some of you really do wish you could do more than gnash your teeth or have others see past your cannibalistic eyes to see you for you. Is that not the whole reason why this rule exists? So that there is a sort of equality between all of us?" she paused, giving them a moment to think. Do I? Do I really want that? Does Rosie want that for us? See me for me? Absurd.

Y/N tightly shut her eyes and put her hand up. "I want to make an attempt at redemption." Y/N said bluntly.

As she opened up her eyes many of the cannibals turned toward her with a range of different emotions in their eyes, fearfulness, disbelief, confusion, anger and even some proud faces. Though when she looked up, she saw the most beautiful and warming proud look she's ever seen, in life or death. The face hit her so hard that she felt an immense desire to run into the owners' arms and cry for all eternity, but she kept her composure. The young elegant overlord that she had admired since the day she got to hell turned away and she could no longer see the warm face that flooded her emotions. She wanted to see it again.

Y/N made her way through the mixture of emotions in the crowd to try and chase after the sensational smile that was gifted upon her when she stumbled across yet another smile, but not like the original. No. This smile was deceiving and almost annoyed at something. She accidently fumbled and tripped over only to ever so slightly bump into this person with the annoyed smile. She looked up and could see a deep fury and pain in this man's eyes. Her eyes immediately began to leak at knowing she had lost the smile she craved and had stumbled upon another she would never forget. Or was it because of the sadness she felt within these eyes? Who knows.

"Oh my." Alastor spoke softly.