[ 𝟐 ] - 𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐏𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐝

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

His deep red eyes seemed to pierce through Y/N's soul as he stepped back. She stared at him with tears flowing through her eyes for a hot minute before Charlie, the young princess rushed her way over and grabbed Y/N by her quivering hands. 

"Are you okay?!" she called out to her as though she was lost in a trance and couldn't seem to find a way out of it. 

"Alastor! What did you do to her?! She hasn't even been here five minutes!" Vaggie scowled at him,

"My dear, I have done nothing. She simply ran into me and burst into tears." The red figure replied as he turned his head to face Vaggie. Y/N snapped out of her daze as soon as did so.

"Ah, my apologies. I didn't mean to frighten anyone!" Y/N said as she took her blood-stained handkerchief out of her pocket and used it to dry her pale face.

"Are you sure you're, okay?" Charlie said once again grabbing her hands, slightly icking at the dried-up bloodied hankie. 

"I'm fine deary, not to worry." Y/N reassured as she backed away from Charlie's overwhelming desire to embrace the soul she seemed to pity. Y/N hated pity. 

"You should smile dear. You know, you're never-" Alastor began,

"Fully dressed without one." Y/N finished, Alastor widened his eyes and starred directly at Y/N who now had a slight smile on her face. Y/N knew that song from when she was alive and has heard Alastor say it with Rosie a few times.

"Well, I have always had a minor admiration for those in cannibal town you've made an interesting impression, my dear!" Alastor said, his smile widening, he seemed to just for a moment look happier than he was earlier. Just for a moment.

A hand grasped her shoulder from behind her, she turned her head to see... one...two...three... seven more cannibals who had decided to stay at the hotel. Y/N was quite surprised, she didn't expect there to be so many willing to stay at the hotel. Though she was also relieved that she wasn't the only one.

***

After escorting all the cannibals down to the gate and to Rosie, they all left to make their way back home. Y/N was rather depressed at the fact she did not get to speak to Rosie or see her at all after the speech, but she was determined to live up to Rosies wishes.

After settling down at the hotel Charlie made an announcement that in favour of having new guests there would be an introduction meeting in the main room and a 'special event' to follow.

"All you need to do is go up on stage and say your name and one thing you like!" Charlie said excitedly, she seemed far too happy about this. One of the cannibals got up at walked over to the stage.

"My name is Annie... and I like to sharpen my teeth with a blade." everyone fell silent. A small red-headed creature with one bright yellow eye giggled a bit which seemed rather odd.

The young princess broke the undying silence. "Okay... thank you Annie for that introduction... let's move on to the next!" The 'okay' was exaggerated. Charlie then pointed to another one of the cannibals, "Why don't you go next?" she said happily. The young female cannibal got up in glee and strut her way to the stage.

"Hi hi everybody! I am Catherine and I love to paint nails!" the enthusiastic cannibal announced, Vaggie sighed in relief and Charlie held her hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you, Catherine, for your wonderful introduction! You'll have to paint my nails sometime too!" Charlie mentioned, Y/N giggled which made Charlie look a little confused.

"Of course! All though I am yet to find a food dye that can work on the blood polish." Catherine expressed, Vaggie face-palmed herself, Husk gave an annoyed growl, Angel almost let out a huge burst of laughter, Charlie gave a blank expression and Alastor... he showed no interest whatsoever. Charlie then reluctantly asked Catherine to take a seat. Charlie was about to choose the next cannibal to make an impression but noticed Alastor's uninterest.

"Alastor! Why don't you choose someone to introduce themselves?" Charlie proudly said, Alastor turned his head to face her then he faced the cannibals sitting opposite to him. He starred at them for what seemed like centuries before he got up and started to make his way towards Y/N.

"How about you?" He said, using his gleaming red eyes as a weapon to shoot through her, she starred at her intense eyes for a moment before realising he chose her.

"Ah, who? Me?" Y/N questioned softy, Alastor leaned forward slightly and spoke softly,

"I don't like to repeat myself." 

"Ah- Yes of course!" Y/N got up hurriedly, 

What was wrong with her? 

Why was her heart beating at such a rapid pace? 

Why couldn't she assert dominance over the frightful figure?

She stood up on the stage and thought for a moment before she spoke, "I am Y/N, and I have a deep admiration for Lady Rosie."

~~~

So, her name is Y/N, hm? Alastor watched as she made her way down the stage. She seems so familiar, but I can't put my hoof on it, where do I know this young lady from? Alastor once again showed to interest in the introductions. 

Why did she suddenly burst into tears at the sight of me? 

Was she afraid? No... her eyes, they weren't the look of terror but admiration and sadness. 

Such a petty little thing, I pity her sorrowful existence.

Though still...

Why does her existence burden me with such inconvenient thoughts? 

Why have I taken such an interest in this young lady?

Perhaps there is more to her that I am unaware of.

I must find out. I will know ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊v̸̵̝͙͆̈ͤę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊r̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟y̯̤͑́́̓́t̴͕͖͓̀h̶̯̰̝̻̿̓͢i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟n̷̶̯͉̊̽̐ͦ͘g̴̶̛̮̣͙͠ about you, Y/N.

~~~

Y/N could feel Alastor's immense glare upon her, and it felt so heavy she thought she might collapse on the spot. Though the heavy emotions were unconceivable she did not feel any anger or hatred rushing through them, more like... pity. Which made her angry as she glared back at him unaware of her doing so.