twenty

✩⍣✯ ❁ ✰

✩⍣✯ ❁ ✰

Hanee and Jungkook exchanged a knowing glance before brandishing their respective wands. Taehyung, who was witnessing their preparations, tapped his foot with a weary expression. Last-minute plans horrified him, especially when they involved his mother, forever impatient and borderline control freak. He had spent his afternoon cleaning the house, which had to remain spotless until the return of the mistress of the house a few hours later. Now, he was eager for one thing: to be alone and enjoy his evening in the company of a charming elf who would soon arrive.

"Take care of yourself. And most importantly, save me some crocodile stew!" Hanee gave her son a serious look, already dreaming of the moment she would return to enjoy the delicious dish she had spent the morning preparing.

Rolling his eyes, her son still nodded and smiled at her one last time before she vanished, immediately followed by his best friend. Finally alone, the young wizard let out a long, noisy sigh before rushing to his room to put on appropriate attire for the evening ahead.

Meanwhile, the two powerful wizards landed in a vast garden with the sound of birds and water flowing in the fountain at the center of the space. Hanee, now in her sixties, leaned against what appeared to be a statue depicting a woman and her two infants. She took a moment to breathe in the fresh and particularly relaxing air of the L/n Manor's backyard garden. Jungkook did the same, overwhelmed by a wave of both exciting and anxious emotions. He had promised himself to visit you as soon as his best friend's mother was done here. In fact, that was the only reason he was on Earth. Barely three days had passed since your last interaction, and since then, he had thought of nothing but you. And incidentally, your lips, and the dismayed look on your face when you realized what you had done.

If he could kiss you now, Jungkook would do it without hesitation.

While he was thinking about you and Hanee was slowly recovering from the teleportation, your family and you were still seated at your grandmother's table. The meal had been served, and just the sight of it made you happy. Wasting no time, you dove into the food, ignoring the ongoing conversation between your father and his mother. As for your mother, she was too busy glaring at you with disgust to join herself. Watching you gorge yourself was a real torment for the distinguished woman she was.

Rayane, who had noticed your mother's provocative attitude, cleared his throat in hopes of attracting her attention. Before he even had a chance, Mrs. L/n lit the fuse. In a contemptuous tone, she pretended to joke: "Don't worry, the sweet potatoes won't run away."

Chopsticks in mouth, you suppressed a myriad of insults, preferring to focus your attention on the sweet potatoes that begged to be eaten.

But just as you were about to take another bite, she let out a mocking laugh. What made you boil inside was the way she insisted on getting a reaction. Naturally, you gave it to her.