Chapter 1

"There, I think that's the last box." I say, setting down a heavy box onto my mattress. I stand up straight, and look around at my room. Boxes are spread out everywhere, labeled with various things form "Leggings" to "Purses" to "Makeup".

"Madison! If you're done bringing your things up to your room, do you mind helping me unload things into the kitchen?" I hear my mom call from down stairs. I jog to my door and down the stairs, dodging moving men along the way as they carry mattresses and dresser drawers up the unnecessarily long stairs.

I reach my mom, right as she's sticking her head out from under the sink. She has her hair in a bun with a red bandanna around her head. She puts her hands on her hips, out of breath.

"Okay, I got the last of the dish soap put away, but do you mind putting away some of the silverware?" She walks across the kitchen to me and plops a box in front of me on the counter.

"They go in the drawer to the right of the fridge."

"Sure, mom." I say, laughing a bit as she hurry's away to stop a moving man from almost running into a vase. I take the box and start unloading the silverware neatly into the drawer that my mom told me.

We moved to L.A. all the way from Massachusetts, because of the job promotion my mom got. She works for a Restaurant business, where she basically goes to struggling restaurants and helps them get back on their feet. If those places don't make it, my mom is the one who has to break the news to them, aka shutting them down. I guess you could just say that she goes around being a temporary boss at some random food joint, and then helps them as much as she can to fix them up, but lets them go if they are hopeless.

But because of all the moving, my moms work doesn't leave her on her own to find a place to live. They pay for the flights, the rental homes, and the moving trucks. They even help with getting me into different schools. With all the help, I guess it's safe to say that my mom is pretty good at her job. Also, all the new houses we get are all different from one another. I've lived in a small town house, a cramp apartment, and even a pent house once. Now that we are in the upper class of L.A., we are living in a pretty big place.

Massachusetts wasn't the only place I've ever been. I've been to Florida before that, Montana before then, and etc. Texas is where I grew up, and after being to about 14 different schools in my whole life, starting in fifth grade(you do the math), I'm pretty used to new surrounding. Every where I have moved to, I always set up a new personalty for myself in that school. For example, In New Jersey I was the preppy cheer girl, and in Virginia I was more into the Arts. I always have a plan set up for me, so I kind of have a new adventure for each place. I'm never the same Madison more then once. I could go from being an outsider one year, and a teacher's pet the next. I've been called "Maddie," "Mads," "Addie," and basically any nickname you can get from the name "Madison," and then some other random names that I feel suit me for that school and personality. Now that I think about it, I can't even remember the last time that I went by "Madison" for my name.

Also, I guess you could say I'm a pretty good expert to saying good bye. I've been so so may places that I know how to make close enough friends to have a comforting relationship, but not close enough so it would be a painful tragedy when I leave. I know for a fact that 90% of the people I have met I will never see again. I leave people so often, it doesn't even leave pain anymore.

It's Spring break right now, in the middle of my Junior year. So when I start school, I will just be the new girl who came out of no where. And even with all the change I have been through or the past six years, some things stay the same. For example, the silverware always goes in the drawer to the right of the fridge.

I finish unpacking right as my mom walks into the kitchen. I check my phone for the time, seeing that it is 5:30 already. My mom looks into a mirror that is temporarily leaning against the wall, and fixes her hair and eye makeup.

"We are about to go eat at the new place I'm going to be working at, so be ready in five." My mom tells me as she heads up stairs to change. I watch as the moving men leave in their trucks, leaving our house to look like a boxy jungle. Oh, and that's another thing that always stays the same; going to the restaurant for our first dinner.

•••
hey guys!! thanks for reading my first chapter of my new story. this one is going to be quit different then other fan fics.

im also planning to write a matthew espinosa fic a little later.

love you guys! 😘😘

-julia xoxo

(sorry for any spelling/grammar errors. leave a comment if there are any so I can fix it)