73~ Betting on her

Tarakshya's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lend me your wife for just one night, and if you desire, take my life in return."

I spoke without hesitation, noting the amusement draining from his eyes before he aggressively pushed me away.

I was able to see his tense muscles, of course trying hard to control himself but I wanted him to show his real self so we could talk openly with no facade.

But fucker had thick skin, suddenly a hard punch landed on my jaw and a sick smile came on my lips.

But as expected he didn't scream, nor did he display possessiveness over her; instead, he chuckled, igniting my nerves and spoke so calmly.

"I wished for it, I created circumstances, I desired it-that's why you were able to approach her, Rajdhan, or perhaps you knew."

I lifted my eyes to meet his gaze and observed a smug smile adorning his lips. "I already knew, Singhaniya. Tell me something new or consider my offer."

I sensed his rising anger, yet he intentionally concealed it and took a seat, gesturing for me to do the same, which I didn't hesitate to accept.

"Well, Rajdhan, I'll cut to the chase. I want something from you, and I'm confident you know what it is,"

He said and I chuckled as I leaned back in my chair before asking, "And what makes you think I'll help you without expecting anything in return?"

"You can keep your demands. I won't hesitate to fulfill-"

"You're not sounding dumb, even after your efforts, Ardhansh Singhaniya. You very well know what I want," I interrupted, retrieving a cigarette between his fingers that he had just lit and taking a drag.

"She isn't an object or asset to bet on, Rajdhan. She's my wife," he firmly stated making me smile.

I chuckled at his sudden change in demeanor and replied, inhaling sharply from my cigarette, "Oh, really? But I found her to be the most valuable asset among all your possessions. And I'm even willing to pay-"

"Speak another word, and you'll regret it for the rest of your damn life," he threatened and I didn't find his words less serious making me stare at him with smirk.

I shook my head and replied, "What I regret is not finding her sooner."

He sickly smiled and replied, "And I am fortunate, I found her, and you know what I will kill her with me before letting her go for another man."

"You are worser than me, and now I have no doubt," I retorted staring at him.

"Thank you so much for the appreciation but the truth is I don't give fuck about any other thing and I will never give up on her."

"Are you scared? Or do you not care enough about your sister?" I deliberately provoked him, scratching his male ego and playing on his sentiments. I knew exactly where it would hurt.

"Aren't we using the same tactics, Mr. Rajdhan?" he asked with a chuckle, and I had to admit, the man was far more ahead of me than I thought.

"Maybe, but we're not standing at the same point, Mr. Singhaniya. You've played alone until now, but now I'll be a part of it," I declared, staring at him, only to see him return a fake clueless expression.

"I'm a little slow to understand your words, Mr. Rajdhan," he replied, and I rolled my eyes at his fake performance.

"So you won't accept? Should I elaborate, Mr. Singhaniya?" I pressed each word sounding serious.