Why are doing this?

The streets were bare and boring apart from Atsushi and Akutagawa fighting each other. It wasn't unusual, it happened all the time in Yokohama.

     The two fought like it was the end of the world. They couldn't even remember why they were fighting, at this point they were  just blowing off steam. One move after the other. Then one started talking.

     "Why do you even hate me so much!" Atsushi shouts. It was less of a question and more of a way to distract Akutagawa.

     It kinda worked since he responded. "I've already told you weretiger!" He had annoyance in his voice, he seemed like he didn't want to be here and somewhat urgent to get this over with.

     "Stop calling me weretiger, I don't call you rashoumon, also you didn't answer my question" Atsushi says while dodging one of Akutagawa's attacks

     Akutagawa got clearly annoyed by this, like he was embarrassed by the answer. "You know that why!"

     "Oh, right! It's because Dazai likes me more." He sounded like a kid teasing someone, his voice at increasingly louder as he spoke.

     "Rashoumon!" Akutagawa shouted some after Atsushi was harassed by an over whelming amount of spikes (like that one girl from the guild >:D).

     Akutagawa's eyes widened slightly, he didn't think it'd be so bad but Atsushi was now lying on the bare floor, motionless.

     He was about to rush over but then realized, if Atsushi woke up he didn't want to make it look like he was concerned. He walked over calmly.

     "Weretiger, get up." No response.

     "Weretiger!" Akutagawa raised a non-existent eyebrow, he wondered why the tiger's healing wasn't working.

     "Weretiger?" Akutagawa got a little concerned... a lot concerned.

     He tired to keep calm but he was seriously worried at why Atsushi wasn't getting up. He thought for a good minute, debated with himself, before he finally decided that calling Dazai was the best option, although he seriously didn't want to.

•••

Dazai finally arrived, at least it felt like a 'finally' moment to Akutagawa but it was really just five minutes.

     "What happened? Is everything ok-" Dazai slowly looked down at Atsushi, his shoulders sunk and his tone softened. "-ay... oh"

     "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to, I attacked him thinking he'd dodge it like he always does but he didn't! I really didn't mean for this to hap-" Akutagawa's voice sounded frantic, as if he was panicking.

     "I see." Dazai interrupted. He looked painfully at Atsushi. He was clearly very upset by the fact that, yet again, something he never wanted to loose got taken away. "I'll take him to the agency and see what they can do."

     Dazai stared to pick Atushi up but Akutagawa spoke. "Wait!" Dazai looked up. "Can I come?"

     Dazai looked at him confused, "Why?"

     "Well," Akutagawa started, "I just wanted to make sure he's okay." He avoided Dazai's gaze by looking to the side.

     Dazai smiled bitter sweetly and let out a soft chuckle "Sure," Dazai stood up and softened his composure, he silently decided to himself that Atsushi would be alright, Akutagawa's concern broke him out of his little trance. "But you're holding him."

     Akutagawa slowly picked up Atsushi and stopped to stare at his face. He, unlike Dazai, was still scared for him. He felt really bad for what he did to Atsushi and really hopes that he'll get better soon, although it's extremely unlikely.

He didn't realize he was still staring at Atsushi until Dazai shouted "Can you stop staring at him intensely and get in the car!?"

Akutagawa looked up a little caught off guard and then goes back to his stern, semi scared, face. "It's not like that Dazai! I was just thinking!" He walks to the car all grumpy.

"Think about what? Kissing him." Akutagawa's face reddened as Dazai made kissing face's to him. He got in the car and closed the door.

"No! He's dying and that's seriously what's in your mind!" Akutagawa shouts, though he was clearly embarrassed.

"Okay, okay, fine." Dazai stars the car and drives off.

•••

The ride was quiet for the most part, apart from the sound of the rode, but then a question came into Dazai's mind. He tried to shake it off because it wasn't exactly the right time but he just couldn't.

"Akutagawa," Dazai finally spoke. Atagawa looked over to him from the backseat.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"I was wondering, why are you doing this?"
Dazai stopped the car in front of the ADA HC and turned to Akutagawa from the front "Why are you doing this?" Atagawa raised a brow. "Helping Atsushi I mean." Dazai added for clarification.

Akutagawa stared at him blankly as he tried to construct a reply. He knew that he could lie to him, but the truth was he didn't know why he was helping. He could say 'it just feels right' but it doesn't, in fact nothing about this felt right to him, no part of it whatsoever. Even tracking back to there fight, since not too long ago ever interaction Akutagawa has had with Atsushi felt like he was doing something he wasn't supposed to, but he couldn't stop. He loved being with him, even if they were fighting. Akutagawa loved the rushed feeling of doing something he wasn't supposed to. Maybe he just didn't want to loose that feeling, he guessed.

"Helllloooo?" Dazai's impatience broke Akutagawa's train of thought. "I don't know Dazai" Akutagawa finally admits as he stares at Dazai with slight desperation, as if he knew what he was feeling.

Dazai started at him confused before breaking out of it, "Well me gotta get Atsushi inside now, come on." Dazai pats Akutagawa's leg encouragingly.

Akutagawa slowly looks down at Atsushi, who was lying in his lap since he couldn't really sit him up. He sighed in disappointment, for a moment he'd forgotten what happened, he wished he could, now he has to carry his burden to his potential death bed. Stop he thought to himself, he didn't want to think negatively, he really hoped Atsushi would be alright.