Chapter ten- Phantom Traveler

Nadia sat at the table in their motel room, fully engrossed in the case at hand

Nadia sat at the table in their motel room, fully engrossed in the case at hand. Her laptop hummed softly as she sifted through documents, the remnants of a sandwich lying forgotten on a plate nearby. As Nadia focused on the task at hand, her phone rang on the table beside her. With a swift motion, she grabbed it, her attention instantly diverted. "Hello?" she answered, her voice tinged with curiosity. "Babe, meet us at Jerry's office," Dean's urgent voice echoed through the line.

Anticipating that Dean and Sam would fill her in once she arrived, Nadia assured Dean she was on her way. Double-checking that she had everything she needed, she gathered her belongings and headed towards Jerry's office with determination.

Arriving at Jerry's office swiftly, Nadia entered to find Jerry meticulously examining a yellow substance through a microscope. The microscope's view was mirrored on a screen nearby, revealing the intricate details of the material.

"What's happening?" Nadia inquired, joining Dean and Sam beside Jerry as she approached.

"Huh," Jerry mumbled, his attention still fixed on the microscope. "This substance is covered in sulfur," he explained absentmindedly, unknowingly providing Nadia with a crucial piece of information. In that moment, Nadia's mind raced, connecting the sulfur to the presence of a demon in their investigation.

"Are you certain?" Sam inquired skeptically.

"Take a look for yourself," Jerry replied, stepping back and gesturing towards the microscope.

Just then, the sound of banging and a man's frustrated voice interrupted their examination.

"If you'll excuse me, I have an idiot to fire," Jerry remarked, dismissing himself from the office.

As Jerry left, Dean approached the microscope and peered into it.

"Hey, Einstein. Yeah, you. What the heck are you doing? Put the wrench down—" they heard Jerry shout at someone outside.

"Hmm. You know, there aren't too many things that leave behind a sulfuric residue," Dean remarked, his voice tinged with realization.

"Demonic possession?" Sam proposed.

"It would explain how a mortal man would have the strength to open up an emergency hatch," Nadia added, her voice carrying a note of certainty.

"If the guy was possessed, it's certainly possible," Sam shrugged.

"This goes way beyond floating over a bed or barfing pea soup," Dean remarked. "I mean, it's one thing to possess a person, but to use them to take down an entire airplane?"