Chapter One; Finding Elise

The loud buzzing of Daniel's phone ringing filled the once quiet room. When he found his phone that was under the blanket, he groaned as he felt frustration fill his body as he answered the call. "Hello, Baker." What could Baker want this late at night? Daniel thought.

"I want to go to our place." Baker explained.

"You woke me up at this hour for that?" Daniel raised his voice a little. What the actual fuck. Baker was always calling up for stupid shit.

"Don't you want to have a sleepover at our spot?" Baker asked, slightly offended.

"If I was with you right now, I would strangle you." Daniel whispered loudly into the phone before the line went dead. Why would he hang up? What a pain in my ass. 

A continuous knock on his window is what pulled him out of his hateful thoughts toward his best friend. Daniel jumped when he first heard the noise before he went to investigate it. He grabbed his cricket bat from under his bed and cautiously made his way toward the curtain covered window. He knew how to fight and use a cricket bat; he wasn't someone you'd want to play a practical joke on that ended with you unscathed.

He opened the window quietly before he went back to his warm bed, silently letting his friend let himself in. He felt his frustration grow as he frowned.

"God, it is so easy climbing up here." Baker laughed as he closed the window  and sat on the black computer chair next to the window. He placed his bag next to the chair. It looked like it had been filled to the point that it was barely able to zip up.

"Why are you here?" Daniel asked. The feeling of annoyance still clouded him.

"I told you on the phone." Baker said, confused. "Why would I be here for something else?"

"Well, in that case." Daniel said as he felt his annoyance grow. He got up out of his warm bed again and walked over to his friend. He raised his fist and punched him in the shoulder, hard.

"Hey! That hurt." Baker cried out.

"I warned you." Was all Daniel said before he began to put something warm on. Daniel had grown up with Baker,. Heknew whether he went or not , aker would still go , nd he'd rather Baker have back up tthango alone. He put on a long sleeve shirt and long pants before he grabbed his favourite hoodie. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass. He thought.

"Ready to go?" Baker asked.

"No, but let's go." Daniel sighed as he decided to climb out the window with Baker following close behind.

***

"Baker, this is annoying," Daniel said as he pushed a large dangly branch forward and up so as to not hit them in the face. Why did I agree to this at this hour? He thought. He then kicked a small stone into a tree as they both continued to walk further into the cold , ark woods.

"Daniel, you're being ridiculous." Baker laughed and ran a rough hand through his bleach blonde fringe to uncover his chestnut brown eyes.

"And yet you're the one who brought us here in the middle of nowhere in the woods , hich is an easy place to gut someone."

"You're pathetic, now hurry up."

A branch snapped a few feet into the bushes that currently surrounded them, "Did you hear that?" Daniel panicked.

"Shh... Yes." Baker responded quietly before he grabbed his friend's hand and dragged the two of them behind a different bush. With both of their hearts pounding in their chests , hey sat there in silence as they internally prayed that whatever was around would just walk straight past them. A pained whimper startled the boys. They moved the leaves to try and see what it was.