Chapter 10: Fein

RYAZANIA POV:

I had beaten Avar. 

The match—was intense, I knew it wasn't my strength that defeated him but it as if someone had possessed me.

The other trainees, however, treated it like I'd pulled off something incredible, and I couldn't understand why. 

Who was this guy?

I walked through the castle corridors, people glanced at me with curiosity. 

Some nodded in respect, others seemed outright afraid. 

It was like I'd entered some inner circle without even realizing it.

 I had no idea what the big deal was.

 I was just training like everyone else.

After that day, I was given a bit more freedom to explore.

 The guards still watched my every move but acted with caution.

The trainees started warming up to me. 

They'd approach me in the mess hall, eager to ask questions about my life before this castle.

 It was strange to be the center of attention, but I just went along with it, hoping to understand this new world a little better.

A part of me wonders if they were extracting information out of me, I don't trust anyone in here so I just spouted some non sense about being born as a princess.

 I wandered through the ancient stone hallways, the trainees would tell me about the castle's history. 

They'd point out places where famous battles had been fought or where legendary warriors had trained. 

It was fascinating, but my main goal was to find any clue that could lead me back home.

I explored every nook and cranny, finding hidden passageways and old courtyards where nature had taken over. 

Some parts of the castle felt like they hadn't been touched in centuries, while others buzzed with activity from the current trainees. 

There was an energy here, an underlying sense of something big brewing, and I wasn't sure I wanted to be around when it all went down.

But even with my newfound freedom, I kept my guard up. 

Something about the way people reacted to me after that fight with Avar made me uneasy. 

Its as if I couldn't see the bigger picture.

In the castle, the magical training grounds were a stark contrast to the rest of the castle's aged stone and crumbling archways. 

The training area was set in a large, open chamber, its walls lined with ancient sigils and symbols that pulsed with a dim, ethereal light. It was here that the instructors taught the dark arts to the castle's recruits, and it was where I had been summoned for my own training session.

The instructor, Ignias, stood at the center of the chamber. 

His red skin glowed faintly under the dim light, and his voice carried a calm authority that seemed to resonate with the magical symbols on the walls.

 He motioned for me to approach, and I stepped forward, gripping the broken sword I'd found earlier. Ignias glanced at the sword, then back at me, a hint of curiosity in his eyes.

"We are going to practice manipulating dark energy," he said, his voice echoing across the chamber.

 "Dark energy is the source of our power. It is drawn from the chaos and negativity inherent in the world. It can be used to strengthen the body, enhance weapons, or unleash devastating attacks, however, it is not to be taken lightly. If you are not careful, it can consume you."