Chapter 1: The Meeting between the Dads

Alec was a father. He had two kids, his son Andrew, and his adoptive daughter Fiore. He was only thirty-seven years old so safe to say he was used to all the shenanigans a child could do. He was mostly having trouble with Fiore.

He remembered the headmaster of the private school he had placed Fiore in telling him about a special mental center that provides therapy and care in learning about such mental or emotional disorders. The headmaster had brought it up alongside Fiore's consoler who recommended that it would be helpful for not just Fiore but Alec as well.

Driving to the center was hectic, he could see Fiore just staring out the window and not giving a shit.

"Could you TRY and be respectful when we get there? I had to talk with your doctor to get a recommendation for this place." Alec told her.

Fiore looked back up unfazed.

"So what? I don't need help, Alec."

He had adopted her three years ago, and she didn't try to call her dad. Granted, he tried not to ask too many questions about that. He made a mental note to bring that up to whoever was conducting this, just so they know that Fiore wasn't trying to be disrespectful, she's just selective.

"The point of this is trying to figure out what's causing you to be like ... .well," He began to trail off. "This."

Fiore raised an eyebrow.

"You just referred to all of me?"

"Yes, yes, I did." He nodded and found himself parking in the parking lot of the learning center. "Now come on, we shouldn't waste our time going inside."

Fiore sat still, crossing her arms, and looked at him.

"And if I refuse?" She looked down at her right arm, seemingly not impressed.

Alec rolled his eyes.

"Look, I don't want to be here, but your school has noticed that something was wrong. I'm trying my best here, Fiore." He kneeled down to her height. "Could you try and do the same for me?"

"You want me to stick you into a mental hospital?"

Alec shook his head.

"No, no, this isn't a 'mental hospital.'" Alec explained. "This is a learning center, and a school for children with disabilities, mental disorders, and people who can help you.

Fiore still had her arms crossed.

"I'm not mentally challenged like any of those morons in there."

Alec sighed and took a long look around him to make sure that nobody heard that. If there was, then he'd get looks, and looks equaled judging eyes. He didn't need that today, or any day.

"Fiore, remember respect?" Alec repeated himself. "You must enter this building with dignity and respect."

Fiore unbuckled herself and hopped out of the car.

"Fine, let's get this over with so you don't get embarrassed."

She was good at noticing what was wrong. She was like a mind reader, and always used it for her advantage.

The two entered the building, getting into the lobby area where Fiore just sat in the corner on a chair staring out the window. Alec checked in at the front desk, he began to sign paperwork, and occasionally looked back to make sure Fiore wasn't causing any problems.

As far as he remembered, whenever he brought her to a doctor's office or a dentist office. She'd at least say one bad thing to some unfortunate soul. He recalled a time where Fiore told a plus sized woman to get out of the way and cut out the majority of her diet, he apologized towards her immediately when that happened. Or that other time Fiore asked a poor old man why he couldn't afford his dental bills when she overheard the conversation between the desk woman and the man.