Chapter Two: Chicken Nuggets

Alec didn't know how. He was invited over to another man's house for dinner. He's only read these in the books, or seen these moments on television. He's never been invited over to another person's house, not in a long time. Closest thing he's probably done this when he was a child....but it was only one time when he was invited to another kid's birthday party. They made it known that he was forced to invite Alec.

So him now driving to Connor's house....with Fiore. His mind had raced to many different scenarios. Fiore complaining about the food, pointing out the tacky decorations, she's made her opinion known and obvious to everyone whenever she could.

Before he had left their house, he gave Fiore a set of rules. She skimmed through it, and acknowledged that she had read it twice. He prayed that this girl would be on her best behavior.

Yes, Fiore wasn't like other kids in average things like expressing her emotions, playing with other kids, and enjoying an activity and expressing that she enjoyed it. There was one thing that Fiore like the other kids.

Her dietary choices.

"Can we go to McDonalds?" Fiore asked, arms crossed, her eyebrow raised.

Alec looked at her through the driver's mirror.

"No, we're heading over to Connor's for dinner."

Fiore's expression grew a pout.

"Does Connor even have chicken nuggets?"

"I don't know, he just invited us." Alec answered truthfully.

Fiore seemed stern, she held herself together and kept looking annoyed.

"Pouting isn't going to get you anything." He told her.

"He's not gonna know if we just stop by for just four nuggets, come on Alec."

Alec wasn't going to give in, he knew better and he usually sometimes would just to shut her up. But since she wasn't kicking his seat, just glaring, and keeping silent. He figured it wasn't a big deal.

It was like this for a few minutes, he continued driving them. He thought it was suspicious, very suspicious. She was probably scheming a way to get mcdonalds, and he wasn't going to fall for any tricks whatsoever.

"You can't wait to see their house?"

"Whatever."

"He mentioned he had a pool." Usually that response would make any child's eyes widen in awe. But not Fiore it seems.

"Cool."

She wasn't doing anything, she just sat there still. Alec felt nervous, very nervous. She's never been this silent before in a car drive. He was trying to figure out what she was thinking, but nothing good seemed to come to mind.

He had to focus on the road, and then when he got there....he didn't know how to talk to Connor. He's never had to try and make friends before. So all of this was fairly new to him. Fiore seemed to notice him being lost in thought.

"Alec, can I ask you a question?" She said pleasantly as she could, her expression not changing one bit.

Alec turned his view to her for just a second then back at the road.

"Yeah, what is it, Fiore?" He spoke.

Fiore coughed a bit and cleared her throat before she asked her question.

"Is this a date?"

Alec almost stopped the car immediately but remembered he was on the road. Getting back to moving immediately.