Chapter 9: .•°•. Starlight, Stargazer - Uki Violetta °•.•°

~Aether's POV~

Curtains close.

Everyone breaks out in a well-deserved applause.

I haven't seen something this beautiful in years if not in my whole life.

The way Lyney and Lynette performed, so calm, confident, and yet so passionate, couldn't not captivate everyone in this hall.

No one could tear their eyes from the magicians, and still no one was able to figure out how on earth they pulled these tricks.

How can you possibly make things so big appear or disappear? Turn flowers into fog? Or a human into flower petals?

It all seemed impossible, but the siblings not only performed it, they mastered it.

After about ten minutes, the applause calms down, and everyone slowly stands up and gets ready to leave.

Suddenly, I feel a small tap on my shoulder.

Looking back, I see Lyney with a big smile.

"Soooo... what do you think?"

"It's..."

I think about how to describe it.

"...amazing, a masterpiece, the best thing I've ever seen. I really don't think I could describe it in words, but it was great! Both you and Lynette did a great job!"

"Hehe... thank you!"

He's so cute when he smiles.

"Oh, I haven't introduced you to my family yet! But I do think that you already know my little brother, Freminet, with Pers. These are my mothers: Arlecchino, my biological mother..."

He points at the tall woman in a suit, who nods.

She gives off a pretty scary vibe...

"...she may look scary, but she's pretty nice, especially to children. This is my adopted mother, Furina, and I love her as much as Arlecchino."

He points at a smaller woman who smiles at me brightly.

"Family, this is Aether, a good friend of mine."

"Nice to meet you all!" I smile.

"Nice to meet you too!" Furina exclaims, while Arlecchino just shakes my hand.

Lynette joins in too now, and while their parents praise their show, my mind can't help to wander off, recapping the show and how wonderful Lyney looked.

I wonder what he felt during the performance.

"Hey, Lyney, weren't you nervous, performing in front of so many people?"

"Oh, yes, I was, but only at the beginning!"

He smiled at me.

The thing about him is that I can't figure out if he's telling the truth.

That's a magician for you, I guess.

Still, I act like I would trust him completely on this one. "That's great then!"

Lyney's parents say bye and head to their home with Freminet, and Lyney, Lynette, and me start to walk to our dorms.

We chat about random things until the dormitory-topic comes on.

"With who do you guys hope to get into a room for the next quarter? The swap is already in two days." I ask.

"Hm... I think my friends would be nice, but I'm always open to meeting new people!"