Chapter 2 "the second day"

The grid drove down a highway, they must have driven for multiple hours now. Lando and Carlos heard loud music for distracting, Esteban and Yuki talked about their family, Charles and Pierre gossiped about their teammates and Max and Daniel searched up for gas stations and places, where they could stop and eat something. P slept on Max's lap and everyone got an emergency warning on their phones.

"Warning, this is a serious emergency. We discovered a virus, that turns people into zombie like creatures. Don't leave your houses and stay at home. We'll do everything, to protect this country and its people. Good luck and survival, your government."

"Great", Max sighed and P seemed to be awake. "Where are we, what are we doing.", she said still half asleep. "It's okay, just continue sleeping", Max said and wrapped his arms around her. "You'll need it. I don't know, when we get to sleep in the next time.", Daniel said and took a turn.

Yuki unmuted himself and said "Okay guys, how are you doing? Esteban just found a gas station with a restaurant. Let's drive there, it's only five minutes from here". Everyone agreed and they took the turns to get there.

The gas station seemed abandoned, but everything worked. Everyone made a driver's swab and they took some food. It was actually still fresh and they took as much as they could because it had to be enough for a while. "Oh look they have red bull", Oscar said and took a can. Everyone grabbed some energy drinks and they opened them. "For survival", they said in chorus and Everyone took a sip.

Esteban drove Yuki's car now and they led again. No car was on the road, not even one. The people of this town took the emergency seemingly serious. They all ate and talked and gossiped through the phone, to distract themselves from what just happened.

They stopped at a gas station in the night and pulled the seats back, to get some sleep. The apocalypse wasn't that far developed from now, so they weren't really worried. Of the much stress that made them really tired, they slept surprisingly well.

The morning sun woke them and they continued driving. They arrived at the grocery store, right next to it, a weapon store.

A half went into the grocery store, the other half to the weapon store. For their bad luck, the doors were closed. Unsuccessfully, they tried to open them, but they stayed closed. "Try this", Carlos said and handed Lance a big stone. "Can y'all step back?", Lance asked and threw the stone with all of his power in the glassed doors. The glass shattered, forming a big hole, where they slipped through and the other half of the weaponstore did the same.

They grabbed everything, they could carry and met at the parking lot in front of the stores, then laid everything on the floor. "Oh, I'll take that", Lando squeaked in excitement and took a long pistol. "I take the knife and that thing", Zhou said and put the knife in his belt, then whistled in the pistol, making the rest chuckle. They divided it fairly and got back in the cars.

They decided to continue driving in the same direction and drove for the whole rest of the day. On the road, they turned into a street and for their bad luck, there stood a crowd of abandoned cars and the zombies that stood around them seemed to hear the the noises of the cars and the drivers didn't know what to do. "Fuck!", Esteban screamed. "Fuck this shit!", Charles screamed. "It was nice to drive with you, even though I never won", Lando said sadly. "Lando!", Carlos screamed. "You won't die! Stop it!".

"Max, what do we do now.", Daniel said desperately. "I don't know!", Max said back in a rough tone. "Just turn around!", Charles screamed and drove his car backwards. Everyone filled that, but after the next turn, a small crowd of zombies walked over the highway. It was actually very small, like 12 creatures.

"For Gods fucking sake!", Max yelled and pressed the gas pedal down. "Mate, what the fuck are you doing!?", Daniel screamed and held P tight, so she won't get hurt. "So, we just run them over?!", Yuki said and pressed the gas pedal down too.

Max closed his eyes and drove through the crowd. They heard high screams,bones cracking and things slamming against the engine hood. When Max opened his eyes, the wind shield of the car was stained in red blood and pieces of the human body. Penelope wanted to look, but Daniel put his hands on her eyes. Everyone turned on the windshield wipers and they continued driving in shock of what they just did.

"Yessss! We survived!", Lando screamed and Carlos, who sat next to him screamed back "woohoo!". They drove through the sunset and stopped at a lake, to stretch their legs and make a short break. "Let's stay here for the night.", Charles suggested and Alex responded with a yawn. They got back in the cars, after they ate together and tried to get some sleep.

To be continued...