This happened a few years ago on January of 2019, my parents went to a party, they told me that they wouldn't be back until around 3 AM in the morning.

They told me to watch my 10 yr old brother and expects me to be responsible cuz I was 15 years old.

When they left, we watched movies all night while eating popcorn. It was around 11:30 and we just finished watching a movie. I told my brother to brush his teeth and go to bed.

It was then 2AM, my brother woke me up and told me that the Boogeyman was in his closet and wanted to touch him.

I looked at him in confusion. My brother isn't the type to prank and joke around. He wanted me to check it out.

I said, "Fine." He probably just heard a house noise. He said that he heard a noise coming from his closet and when he checked inside, the Boogeyman was there and said he wanted to touch him.

We went inside his room and I turned on the lights and we went to the closet door.

I opened it and what I saw made me seriously angry.

It was a tall, scruffy-looking man with long, black, greasy hair. He looked as if he was in his mid forties and was barely built.

I was pissed off when I saw this creep watch my 10yr old brother sleep and I figured out what my brother meant when he said the Boogeyman wanted to touch him.

I was so pissed off, I punched his throat.

He dropped to the floor gasping for air, but I stepped on his face as hard as I could 6 times. He was covered with blood and was having trouble with breathing.

I grabbed my brother and ran into the bathroom, locking the door and calling the cops. Then I called my parents, my parents freaked out.

In about 10 minutes, the cops showed up and searched the bedroom, he wasn't there. They searched the house, he wasn't anywhere to be found.

I have them a clear description about his appearance and an officer stayed at our house until sunrise.

A week later I was informed that the same guy was caught and arrested for r4p1ng an 11 yr old boy and murdering his parents.

It turns out he had r4p3d other multiple children and even murdered some of them and  their parents.

He was 47 years old and received a death sentence.

If my brother had never came downstairs to tell me what happened, then I fear the worst could have happened to him. And I'm extremely thankful that didn't happen to him.