𝐈.𝖯𝖾𝗋𝖼𝗒

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 in my bed, it was softer than usual, the white and puffy sheets covered me from the bottom of my feet to the top of my head, they were warm and cozy. I could stay there the entire day, the pillow embraced the side of my face perfectly and everything was awesome. There was a sweet fragance in the air I was breathing, blackberries, I loved it. I wasn't tired, but I wasn't too active either, I was... fine. Nothing could be heard, only the sound of my body slightly moving and my breath. That was until someone started giggling right in front of me. It was the voice of a girl, she had a beautiful laugh, it was melodic, it sounded as if a musician was slowly and gently pinching the strings of a harp. I opened my eyes to look at her and everything stopped. Everything became muffled except her voice. It echoed throughout the room until it reached my ears. The garden of Eden in my presence cradling me with its immense beauty. She started talking to me. She was telling me how much she loved me and how lucky she felt.

"I will love you forever, Percy" she said as she extracted something shiny from behind her back. It was a knife, dangerously sharp. I looked at her again and she was crying. She got up and put her knees next to each side of my waist. She then grasped the weapon with both of her hands, stared into my eyes and...

I abruptly sat up trying to catch my breath after waking up from my nightmare. I was sweating and my mouth was dry. Every night the same thing, the same damn girl with the same damn knife. I didn't know why I kept having that nightmare, I have been experiencing it for a month already, I hated it from the bottom of my heart, literally. This time I was in my bed, my stupid bed. I definitely didn't like being killed, but the mattress I had in that dream was a hundred times better. I looked at my alarm clock and it said it was 6:47 AM, I could've slept for another 10 minutes, but I decided to get up and start to get ready. I walked to the bathroom and saw my reflection in the mirror, my hair was completely messed up and I had a pair of dark circles around my eyes. If someone came in there in that moment they would've probably thought that I didn't sleep for a week. I splashed some water on my face and dried it. I already felt better. I tried to fix my hair but I couldn't do much. I brushed my teeth, walked out of the bathroom and threw on some random clothes that, surprisingly, didn't make me look like a homeless man for once. I filled my backpack with the all the books I needed and headed out of my room. As soon as I got out the disgusting smell of alcohol penetrated my nostrils, unfortunately and fortunately I got used to it. Smelly Gabe, my mother's husband, couldn't be up already, so it probably remained from his game with his dumb friends of the night before. Gabe was absolutely obnoxious, he was abusive and, for some unknown reason, lucky enough to be married to my mother. She, instead, was an angel. I loved her to the moon and back. She always tried to make me happy. I placed my backpack on the floor waiting for her to drive me to school. I waited a bit until she quickly came out of her room. She was about to call me to tell me that we were going to be late, but stopped in her tracks after seeing me sat on the couch with a smile.

       "Good morning mom" I told her.

       "Hey, Percy. Happy to go school?" she asked surprised.

       "Absolutely not" I replied.

       "Then why..?" she started.

       "I had a nightmare"

       "A nightmare? I'm sorry dear, would you like to tell me what happened?" she asked. I never told her about the nightmares because I didn't want to upset her.

       "I can't remember, but don't worry, I'm okay" I lied.

       "Okay, let's go then"

       "Okay"